What don't you like about your Mk 3 Leon?

robtheplod

I like the door handles. The gap is bigger so you're less likely to have nail scratches on the car when opening the door.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Anyone got a pic of this new annoying key, curious to see what it looks like.

8210401293_bbb4725b8c_c.jpg

Video here comparing old and new - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWU173Izl1I

Last edited:

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
Are you serious or is it the 1st of April.

Having owned my Mk 3 for just under 2 weeks I can say without doubt that it is a superb car. Yes its got door handles, they are pretty useful for getting into the car. They are very much like the door handles on every car I have owned.

If the design stops you from buying a car so be it but if I was that picky I could find something to stop me buying every car on sale.

Yeah I'm serious. Just not athestistically pleasing on the eye for me, you never know I may change my mind. Was impressed with the interior.

Jun 15, 2013
Anyone got a pic of this new annoying key, curious to see what it looks like.

Its not the key that is annoying, its like any fold up key when its in your pocket. Its the angle it sits at in the key hole, its probably 45 degrees out of rotation compared to other similar keys. Just taking a bit of getting used to.

Starbucks78

Oct 7, 2009
Maybe its just me but I think the key is just fine and have no issue with it whatsoever wherever it is!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
after spending a few days in a MK3 (Media Day + driving a few)

My Hates:

Rear door handles - hate them compared to MK2
Front water jets - returned to the old squirters instead of the "fan" style on the MK2
Steering wheel - the steering wheel is very thin compared to the MK2 which has a chunky sports style one, even the FR has the thin one.

What i loved:
Alor Blue
Interior - better than the MK2 (Ive owned 2 MK2's)
Alcantara Seat's - want these in my MK2 instead of leather
out of the current engines the best was the 184ps TDI
LED Headlights

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Noisy fuel tank (When over 3/4 full) when reversing etc.

Auto lights and wipers not standard on the FR

Side-lights actually DIM the DRL in the headlights.....

The ride in my opinion is not at all as hard on 18's as people make out (This is a good thing IMO)

I can get 45MPG from my 2.0 TDI DSG without even trying..... (Again, a good thing)

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Front water jets - returned to the old squirters instead of the "fan" style on the MK2

Disappointing and yet another sign of cost cutting :(

Steering wheel - the steering wheel is very thin compared to the MK2 which has a chunky sports style one, even the FR has the thin one.

I noticed that too in the FR I drove, seems a shame as the Leon Mk2 and Ibiza Mk5 had nice to hold chunky steering wheels.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Disappointing and yet another sign of cost cutting :(

I don't know about that, if they mounted fan ones where they are mounted on the bonnet I doubt it would work as well as ON the bonnet. I want to have a go at adjusting mine actually.....

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Steering wheel - the steering wheel is very thin compared to the MK2 which has a chunky

Fan style doesn't half use your washer fluid quick through, well for me anyway.

That thin steering wheel has pushed me towards the Golf or 1-series. .

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
I don't think the MK3 looks nearly as good. I don't own one but the door handles don't look nearly as good and I hear the wipers are not the same, haven't met a person that doesn't think the wipers on my MK2 are cool.

Rikwaite

The rear door handles on show for me. I've had mine 2 months now. Love the car. Interior better than my mk2 fr. I went for the titanium pack with the 18s on the rides fine. Better than my mk2 with 18s on. It corners better not as much body roll. The 150 ps isn't far off the old 170 ps. Better mpg tho. Can't get the mpg above 55 mpg which is far off the quoted figures. The car is defo more refund than the old one. Looks better than the new sad looking golf. !!!

robtheplod

Had my FR a week and the only think I've notice that's 'bad' is the boot now has a lip on it where dirt gathers along the bottom that you can see from the back of the car..... other than that lovely car - just getting used to all the tech - love the Bluetooth car phone connection - so clear!!

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Looks better than the new sad looking golf. !!!

For me the mk.2 looked different to other manufactures/models on the road, but, the mk.3 looks same as the rest, so at the moment I'm not sure why (if buying new) I'd bother saving approx. 1.5k on a seat compared to the golf..

Jun 15, 2013
so at the moment I'm not sure why (if buying new) I'd bother saving approx. 1.5k on a seat compared to the golf..

Look very carefully at the prices. My 1.4 TSi SE cost me approx. £6000 less than the best price I got for a Golf with the same engine (GT TSi). OK, the Golf had more toys and bigger wheels but there was no way it was worth £6000 more. If you spend another £1500 on the 1.4 TSi FR the gap is still £4500 and you have most of the toys.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.