312mm brake upgrade

sean fr88

So this kit on ebay for £250ish will fit my ibiza mk5 fr 2.0cr tdi. It has the standard 17" alloy wheels. Does this kit including 312mm discs carries and calipers just fit straight on? Are they supplied with this so called spring? Soory if being a pain my car tech knowledge is poor i normally just pay a garage for my mods. I want to buy this kit off ebay but i want to make sure ive got everything for the job.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
So this kit on ebay for £250ish will fit my ibiza mk5 fr 2.0cr tdi. It has the standard 17" alloy wheels. Does this kit including 312mm discs carries and calipers just fit straight on? Are they supplied with this so called spring? Soory if being a pain my car tech knowledge is poor i normally just pay a garage for my mods. I want to buy this kit off ebay but i want to make sure ive got everything for the job.

Yes - straight swap with current brakes. WILL need to be bled after fitting.

Mine arrived with the springs.

Send him a message on ebay just to make sure the springs are still included - it doesent state springs on the list of bits supplied.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2011
Mine came with everything and took me bout 2 hours to swap due to old bolts being a bit stuck but guessing mk 5 will be easier fit perfectly behind 17 inch wheels

sean fr88

Thanks guys i made my mind up. Il be getting these in the very near future. Thanks for all your advice and feedback : )

tomd1338

Nov 2, 2009
Im looking to do this soon, did anyone find out if that kit comes with the springs?

Also a newbie question I know but what size brakes are standard on the mk5 cupra? Don't have my tape measure handy :(

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Im looking to do this soon, did anyone find out if that kit comes with the springs?

Also a newbie question I know but what size brakes are standard on the mk5 cupra? Don't have my tape measure handy :(

Unless it has changed - the standard brakes are 288mm.

312 does not seem like a big increase but you will notice a big difference.

TommyCupra

Just Like That
Mar 30, 2005
West Yorks
No bother. Notice though that the callipers are reconditioned...not sure about that tbh or how it would go down with insurance :S

Have these on my mk2 fabia vrs and the difference compared to standard is simply amazing, these are what should have come on the car as standard. Where the 288s would get heat soak the 312 continue to brake hard. The pedal feel is much better too. Didnt effect my insurance at all either :)

The best money i spent on the car

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
I did the upgrade with a set of second hand AP racing 4 pots, not had any problems (with the fronts) at all and the braking performance of the car is massively improved! Set up is with EBC Ultimax discs & Ferodo DS2500 pads

null-7.jpg

sidri

Apologies in advance if this has already been answered, but can you just change the front's or do you need to upgrade the rears at the same time?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Apologies in advance if this has already been answered, but can you just change the front's or do you need to upgrade the rears at the same time?

Many people only upgrade the front without any issues.

Some have gone further and upgraded the rears too.

I believe that the standard rears are good enough for the size of the car.

If you decide to track the car however - you may see a benefit from upgrading all round.

Deleted member 49882

No need to upgrade the rear. It is mainly the fronts that do all the hard work / braking.

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Nope, the rears aren't really needed, but they'll greatly improve the car's stability on high speeds when braking whilst cornering.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Nope, the rears aren't really needed, but they'll greatly improve the car's stability on high speeds when braking whilst cornering.

I would say that bigger rear brakes on a front wheel drive car would really upset the car if used whilst cornering !!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.