Day Time Running Lights

Pierre_boc

Jul 5, 2012
Preston
Was in my Local dealer the other day and picked up one of these leaflets....

what your opinion of them? would you get them installed and does anyone know how much they are?

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

discuss?

:)

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
I'm sceptical about how much they'll actually improve visibility at night.
I don't buy the advantage over sidelights for other road users.
they look like an after-thought style wise (well, they are so no surprise there)
If you want DRLs then turn your sidelights on as soon as you get in the car. this has the other advantage of lighting up the dials so you can see what speed you're doing even when you drive into the shade

Pierre_boc

Jul 5, 2012
Preston
I'm sceptical about how much they'll actually improve visibility at night.
I don't buy the advantage over sidelights for other road users.
they look like an after-thought style wise (well, they are so no surprise there)
If you want DRLs then turn your sidelights on as soon as you get in the car. this has the other advantage of lighting up the dials so you can see what speed you're doing even when you drive into the shade

I understand where you're coming from but DRLs are suppsoed to be used during the day so I cant see them effecting night vision. Iirc they aren't meant to benifit the driver but they mean other road users will be able to see the car from further away or more clearly at a quick glance e.g. pulling out of junctions...

I havent made my mind up about them yet :confused: they do look slighty tacky and very similar to the after market ebay ones but in a weird way I like them.

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester

I agree with nightflight here they look out of place and just stuck on imo. I thin k there a good idea to be honest even if they make you stand out just a bit more, but seat could of tried to find a way to blend them in more with the lights or body work if you ask me :)

Pierre_boc

Jul 5, 2012
Preston
Shot yourself in the foot there mate...it says the price on your 3rd pic lol

Ah yeah.... wow I would be dangerous with a brain

I agree with nightflight here they look out of place and just stuck on imo. I thin k there a good idea to be honest even if they make you stand out just a bit more, but seat could of tried to find a way to blend them in more with the lights or body work if you ask me :)

I know what you mean Luke... Seat need to imbed the lights somewhere a little better....

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester
I know what you mean Luke... Seat need to imbed the lights somewhere a little better....

Yeah ive seen a few mk2 leons with them put in on the front side bits which look really good as if there ment to be there, dont really know where you could in the ibizas unless you change the hole headlight unit though :(

Last edited:

Pierre_boc

Jul 5, 2012
Preston
Yeah ive seen a few mk2 leons with them put in on the front side bits which look really good as if there ment to be there, dont really know where you could in the ibizas unless you change the hole headlight unit though :(

on the Cupra or the Bocs they could imbed them into the vent things next to the foglights...

LukeWS

Jun 13, 2012
Leicester
on the Cupra or the Bocs they could imbed them into the vent things next to the foglights...

Yeah true :) but I'm sure behind the black vent bit theres just more bumper not a hole like the other ibiza bumper, so would be some cutting out or just sticking them on top making them look added on again :/

colpoth

I know not everyones cup of tea,but I have fitted these Ring Lyra DRL's to my Ibiza,they dim when you put your headlights on.

eycP3.jpg

QJrSV.jpg

colpoth

I know not everyones cup of tea,but I have fitted these Ring Lyra DRL's to my Ibiza,they dim when you put your headlights on.

eycP3.jpg

QJrSV.jpg

Rene123

I really like them. Looks good at daylight. Also the Xenon is a big pro. Much more light an the headunits follow the steering wheel moves.

2czvdb8.jpg

postmark

May 28, 2012
picked up this leaflet from my dealer this week, the £179 it says on the leaflet does not include the fitting, i was quoted £229 fitted.

TDI ste

Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Manchester
Im sorry but I dont like them, I think they just look like the Halfords jobbies that every Tom **** n Harry is wearing on there car in every town.

Xanthianx

Apr 5, 2013
Worcester, UK
Says in that leaflet "from Feb 2011 onwards it is mandatory for all new cars to have DRL's"

My 2013 didn't have them.. I certainly wasn't going to pay for them, if its law they should be included.

Cupra_Ash

looks well tidy

where did you get the lights on the side of the headlights, really like the look, i got a tsi cupra 59 plate and want that as a suttle mod :D

great stuff,

cheers

phantombantam

NUFC forever!
Jan 23, 2006
Co Durham
Doesnt say new model, just says new cars, that implies that its built & registered after feb 2011 to me.

Mines an 11 plate Cupra mate and has Drls they are not LEDs but are seperate to the sidelights. Mine has canons though so not sure if that's why but they come on as soon as the key is turned

PRATTY

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.