Matt's Red Ibiza FR TDI on RHs, with added plywood and plastic :)

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Very nice mate.

You don't happen to be knocking around the Irlam, Manchester area do you?

I keep seeing a very similar car near the roundabout for Awesome GTI

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Very nice mate.

You don't happen to be knocking around the Irlam, Manchester area do you?

I keep seeing a very similar car near the roundabout for Awesome GTI

Thanks, must be someone else as I haven't been round there since I had my coilovers fitted about 2 years ago!

Big Toe

Looks very good mate, quick question, where did u get the honeycomb upper grille pieces?

Tried eBay and German eBay..

Cheers
Ant

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Looks very good mate, quick question, where did u get the honeycomb upper grille pieces?

Tried eBay and German eBay..

Cheers
Ant

Thanks!

The upper side ones are standard Facelift FR ones you can get them from Dave @ SERE motors when he's back to usually in a few days:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=269088

They're quite expensive though. You could try your local dealer if you didn't want to wait as the part numbers are shown in that link.

I made the S one myself, there's a bit of a step by step of photos a few pages back :)

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Had a weekend away with the misses near Chester, so it would have been rude not to have a play on some of North Wales finest roads :)

Horseshoe pass, I visited a few years ago, love the view but road is a bit busy and straight for too much excitement:
xozm.jpg

bwud.jpg

r426.jpg

At the top:
7yz1.jpg

Nant Y Garth Pass, a nice twisty little road through a river gorge:
j4u3.jpg

4xn6.jpg

4bdy.jpg

Llyn Brenig Reservoir just off the B4501, which is part of the Evo triangle, didn't stop for any pictures on the actual road as I was having too much fun!
vmlw.jpg

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Did some pikey arch flaring, came out pretty good, not 100% but I'll get it closer to perfect when I get chance to borrow the roller again from my mate:

xt68.jpg

3n02.jpg

Pre flaring lowering:

g77u.jpg

Even though I reduced it by about 5 turns I'd like the front a little lower, so I'll probably wind it down a touch more soon, I've got about 10mm of thread left so I'll just have to make sure the bump stops aren't causing an issue :)

cn3x.jpg

6rj1.jpg

Last edited:

Samuel.perkins

Hi Matt,

Could you possibly tell me how you fixed your front splitter on please?

Much appreciated

Sam

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
No more nails double sided foam tape, screws and insulation tape over the join.

Last edited:

Samuel.perkins

Another question, what was the actually rubber you used? You said earlier on in your thread that you used garage door seal, you wouldn't happen to have a link or something to the actual stuff you used?

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
No worries, if you search for frost king g9 they sell it on the US amazon site and its about £10 delivered to UK.

I took it off earlier today though as it was looking a bit tired, it has a bigger badder replacement though lol:

8ctb.jpg

More pictures after the weekend :)

Last edited:

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
This will be the last update here, I don't spend much time on here and don't get many comments, I'm continuing my threads on ED38 and Ibiza Owners Club if you want to find me I have the same user name

Anyway updates as promised...

Started off with some free stuff from winning photo of the month on another forum :)

a79d.jpg

Whipped of my front bumper and lights:

ydff.jpg

Ordered these neodymium magnets:

bfv6.jpg

Ibiza bumper requires a little more planning in positioning them to the cars that I've seen in guides:

u1at.jpg

Left these gluing onto the rear of my plate:

u80w.jpg

Next job:

ceky.jpg

pejm.jpg

I also took off the flyeyes on my fogs that I put on to stop the yellow lamin-x pealing at the edges, they seemed to have stopped pealing so I didn't bother re doing them [:)]

Reinstalled my HIDs, ballasts fits nice a snug under the reflector, I've had them here for 2 years with no trouble but never had the lights out to grab a picture:

0pe1.jpg

Made a new pikey lip / chin / fake lows device, from some garden lawn edging this time haha:

hjbr.jpg

ndkr.jpg

Fitted:

750q.jpg

Went down to Bristol for the weekend:

knid.jpg

4ha9.jpg

pe4a.jpg

Plate managed to stay on for the journey and round the bumpy streets of Bristol and Bath, it's so nice just being about to whip it off for pictures. I'm not 100% on the lip yet, it's a lot stiffer than the rubber stuff so is harder to get smooth round the bumper, but will do for now :)

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
im always looking in at the updates just never bothered to comment.
lm not normally a fan of red but i like how your car looks not so sure about the new valance though.
keep the updates coming.

Cheers :)

I always keep an eye on this thread aswell :)

Magnets are a great idea. Are they very strong?

They are rather difficult to remove when stuck together lol I chose them as the seemed to have a decent pull and were nice and thin so my plate wouldn't stick out.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151091692665

Oh and where did you buy the epoxy resin from for your honeycomb grill? Can't find it anywhere!

I think it was from B&Q

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise