pipewerx 3" downpipe decat

toozy26

So just fitted my 3" dp n de-cat. Car drives alot better spins in 3rd as your boosting which it never used to(wet btw) BUT its rubbing on the subframe so rattles on idle..its either my fault as when I tightened the 3 bolts it was against the subframe or its been welded slightly out position on the flange so theres no movement so I cant put the dp more central above the subframe. Anyone had this issue and did you get it sorted also where it mounts onto the exhaust rubber its pulling down almost causing it to pull itself out? :s im gunna loosong the 3 bolts tomo just to see if it come away from subframe then can tighten back up again. Sorry about the essay lol. What do you recon? Cheerss

tiosiahim

hey guys, i wanted to ask if after getting the decat are you expecting trouble for your next mot. i wanna get one aswell but not sure if i will pass afterwards. thanks

03cupra

May 18, 2010
Maidstone
vehicle rectification order surely...? technically if you're mods arent declared to your insurance company then your insurance is invalid then it would be impounded..

Degsy1

2003 LCR Stage 1
Feb 15, 2013
South shields
jesus guys come on is this scare tactics

i bet everyone on here has declared every mod to the insurance companies(NOT)

toozy was only asking advice about his decat

03cupra

May 18, 2010
Maidstone
Not scare tactics, I am running the same.. Always best to know where you stand in the law so if you are stopped you can adjust your answer accordingly.. I think you would have to be extremely unlucky or caught driving like an absolute t*t to get anything other than a rectification order

swedey21

Most days i drink meths..
Nov 15, 2011
burford
I had one fitted to my LCR...and was tight...very tight..
I loosend my engine mounts and gave it as much leverage as i could to stop it hitting..
It never fouled..just was close..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members