MK3 Leon Cupra, what we know

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
And if the engine spec is the same, and the intercooler is different, as per the TFSi in the MK2 Leon/8P S3, a map, intercooler upgrade will get the performance thats missing for approx £1k, £400 or so of which would be for the intercooler.

Wish the specs would come out quicker.

Hahahahah AL in the candy shop lol

Funny thing is the resale value of golfs today are just a joke !
£24k odd for a 3 year old car !
Prices will tumble as soon as the new mk7 golf R gets released and the engine is going to be a peach !
The mpg figures alone make it with the extra ££££ ,
So £32 k doesn't sound that bad , don't get me wrong I wouldn't pay it but compare it to a golf r of today and you get my drift !

Al

Aug 29, 2005
£32k with nothing more than basic things though. About the only thing the S3 comes with as standard is leather seats and electric windows as far as gadgets are concerned.

Cruise Control, electric folding and heated mirrors, xenon headlights are all extra even before you consider B&O sound systems, Mag Suspension, Adaptive lights, Auto Lights/Wipers, Parking Sensors, Phone Box, Sat Nav etc etc etc. There will be full LED front lights on the S3 too, as an option but not til later this year either, and it will be an expensive option by the sound of it - close on £1000.

Edit: Re the comment about MK6 Golf R's, I agree. I would have had one if they were a reasonable price but there is no way I would pay £24k for a 3 year old car when the new MK7 model is gonna come out at just £6-7k more with more power and less weight as standard complete with warranty, current looks etc. And of course once tuned, its bound to be faster than a tuned MK6 Golf R with 200kg less and probable 40bhp more ;). The main reason I never took a MK6 Golf R however is because I am waiting for the iminent dipping of used 8P Audi S3/MK6 Golf R prices with the new models coming. Why? Who is going to pay £30k for a 1 year old Golf R when a new model can be had for just a grand or so more?!

Supply and demand affect pricing - new models coming on the scene does definitely affect prices of old models. The MK2 LC/LCR values will also tumble when the MK3 Leon Cupra becomes available and people trade up to the new model too, hence why I sold mine ahead of time although I am sure I could have held on to it til September without much/any further significant drop in value or increase in running costs.

Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Agreed and thats why i cant see a 4wd cupra , with used prices of current golf r high , can you imagine vw response that a cupra with 4wd is a lot cheaper second hand than a golf and probably much better specced and they are affecting sales , as you say supply and demand.

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
Agreed and thats why i cant see a 4wd cupra , with used prices of current golf r high , can you imagine vw response that a cupra with 4wd is a lot cheaper second hand than a golf and probably much better specced and they are affecting sales , as you say supply and demand.

To an extent though would VW care? People in the market for a Golf will buy a Golf no matter the money or the potential savings by going elsewhere due to brand snobbery.

Another way to look at it is whether a 4WD Cupra would steal sales away from similar Vauxhall/Ford/Renault offerings and if what we're seeing here with regards to spec is true then the answer, in my opinion, would be yes.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
To an extent though would VW care? People in the market for a Golf will buy a Golf no matter the money or the potential savings by going elsewhere due to brand snobbery.

Another way to look at it is whether a 4WD Cupra would steal sales away from similar Vauxhall/Ford/Renault offerings and if what we're seeing here with regards to spec is true then the answer, in my opinion, would be yes.

Yes mate VW would care , and if you look at the classifieds there are a lot of Golf R for sale because people are just not buying them
, going by what you are saying , a Cupra 4 WD would have to be a lot lot cheaper to attract people to the seat badge otherwise the Cupra would have outsold the golf edition 35 , golf r and S3 there's a lot of badge snobbery to get over
If ford offered a focus st 4 wd then you may have a point but at the moment VW and Audi have the market and I can't see it changing

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
because the above articles are produced by Auto express there is nothing official in them at all.

The documents above are pages from the SEAT France .PDF on their website that have been leaked. in french they say AWD and LSD

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
because the above articles are produced by Auto express there is nothing official in them at all.

The documents above are pages from the SEAT France .PDF on their website that have been leaked. in french they say AWD and LSD

it also says FR

Anyway thought you would have some inside info?

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
i have as much as the Admins of this forum on this subject its all tight lipped

i can get rumours from "SEAT" employees but their just rumours tbh

J0n3

Nov 29, 2009
Have you seen this one... This was posted on Facebook today, it is official post by SEAT Finland. (https://www.facebook.com/seatfinland)

1045227_679743355376121_1275363248_n.jpg

Last edited: