Bocanegra Power Steering Issue

trillers

Mar 21, 2010
Good Morning All! I'm a bit of a newbie to the site and I've got a 59 reg Ibiza 1.4 TSi Bocanegra. The power steering packed up the other day, went really heavy and the warning light came up. I took it in to Performance VAG in Hitchin and they advised that the hydro electric pump was faulty and quoted me £440 to replace it. I know the guy who runs the workshop and he is an ex-Seat mechanic and told me that there is an inline fuse modification for the powersteering that Seat had released and suggested I call my local dealer. I rang Letchworth Autoway and they were unaware of any modification and also checked the car for outstanding recalls to which it came back all clear. I asked the service guy if this was a common thing and he told me he'd never known a power steering pump to fail on an Ibiza mk5. So my question is, as the car has only done 48k, has Full Seat Service History and is only 9 months out of warranty is it worth me ringing Seat customer services to see if there is anything they can do to help me out??!!

Cheers

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
No harm in trying.

If I remember correctly there was a recall for something to do with the steering mid-late 2010… if your car has been fully SEAT serviced and the recall work carried out you may have a case that it wasn't performed correctly if the problem you're experiencing is related?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.