What did you and your MK2 do today?

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
That's not a bad quote.

I need to look soon as well. Doubt I'll be able to stay with Greenlight as I can't afford the lump sum and they dont do monthly. GUTTED!! They've easily been the best insurer ever. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, Greenlight are ace but couldn't beat Sky this year for me. I've chosen monthly payments! ;)

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Greenlight and Sky are on the cards too and will be giving them a call too on Friday. As alzak said above I dont know how younger drivers with less exp and NCB get way cheaper quotes on higher performance cars. I understand the older owners though. That quote from admiral is with having my dad as 2nd driver too

@Lee I understand the Birmingham thing but my postcode/area is on the outskirts of the city compared to the B11 etc which I know is all High risk

Last edited:

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
That's not a bad quote.

I need to look soon as well. Doubt I'll be able to stay with Greenlight as I can't afford the lump sum and they dont do monthly. GUTTED!! They've easily been the best insurer ever. :(

Green light do do monthly shnazzle I took them out last month. Payment came out of my account yesterday aswell :)

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Occupation also counts aswell I got my mom and dad named drivers my moms an consultant for nhs and my dad's works at a gp it brought my insurance down loads

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Green light do do monthly shnazzle I took them out last month. Payment came out of my account yesterday aswell :)

Brilliant!!
Is that proper monthly or via a credit company that adds 50000% interest? That's what I got offered and my yearly quote would have been about 200 more including interest. In other words; is it just your quote / 12?

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
No it's a little bit more, alot less then every quote on got on comparison sites think. Think mine was £812 and first month was £150 and the other 9 @ £91.

So yeah it's bound to be more, they have to make some money on it but I couldn't afford to by it out right. And it was £400 cheaper than any other quote.

Mar 22, 2012
South east
I don't know where you all get this low prices from I'm 28 and my price is more than 1k ... Low risk post code as well.

went through confused.com came up £200 cheaper than my renewal quote and was with them same insurance company. I'm 33, 9 yrs ncb, fully comp with protected no claims, wife as named driver for £300 with privlege.

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Gave her a wash then a few layers of polish then wax then sealant turn out better then I thought

una7enep.jpg

ny8ytune.jpg

a4adu8y9.jpg

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Sealant before wax

Ohh il always bin told seal after that was at main dealer when I worked there on valeting and on my customers car always seal last it brings bit more of shine out

Last edited:

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
The rest of my ultimate shield kit turned up :) I did the external the other day and the internal has just turned up :) ready to do tomorrow.

Included in the kit is:

Fabric cleaner
Leather and vinyl cleaner
window cleaner
Leather and vinyl protector
rubber and plastic protector
the step 1 and step 2 external product
2 micro fibre clothes
2 pads
gloves
and best of all...an air freshener ;)

71C73AD5-2F01-4450-BD1D-4E78D945C7DE-16702-00000950F2B5DCD0_zps632419ab.jpg

What a bargain for 90 quid

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Ohh il always bin told seal after that was at main dealer when I worked there on valeting and on my customers car always seal last it brings bit more of shine out

Might as well just wash, clay and seal it.
Wax is a natural product. Needs to breathe.
Try glaze and sealant, if you then want a deeper shine, try some wax

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Just seen your ultimate shield done pics Benzy and it looks well done but i would have gone with a deep clean with claybar n detox shampoo then used your products and would defo look great. But good job neway.

@gmc1991, that job looks well too lovely car :D

Going to finish waxing mine on friday with AG HD wax ready for Inters :)

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Mine hasn't even had a clean yet :( I have tomorrow to clean, clay, polish and wax. I don't think it's gonna happen...

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.