Brake Bulb Problem

mwflynn06

Jul 27, 2011
Leeds
Hi there having a nightmare recently with my brake bulbs. They seem to be very temperamental with working then sometimes not. The bulbs work fine as I've tested them out. There's no logical answer as I've swapped them round had new bulbs fitted they worked for a few miles then they just stop, a quick fiddle around with them and there back working again. Sometimes it's just both that stop and sometimes just one, very random :/ anyone got an idea of what may be happening or a solution ?

150cupra

Jun 23, 2011
Bangor,northern ireland
Brake light switch on the brake pedal ... mine used to work then eventually got stuck on the switch could be on its way out

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
Is it one side or both? If it's both it may well be the brake light switch. If it's one side only then this is unlikely to be the switch and more likely to be a dirty connection.

I had the exact same problem on my offside bulbs. I disassembled the switch and scored a flat headed screwdriver up and down against the connection and this cleaned away some corrosion and problem solved.

CMC

mwflynn06

Jul 27, 2011
Leeds
Had the brake light switch replaced around 6 months ago so I presume it can't be that unless they fail regularly ? I've cleaned the connections and it seems to have solved the problem for now.