Mk1 cupra r seats

03cupra

May 18, 2010
Maidstone
Hey, basically I want to improve the interior of my mk1 LC. I've already changed the grey plastics and headlining for the black 'R' stuff I just wondered if the 'R' seats are a significant upgrade over the standard cupra ones...? I don't want full leather but would prefer a better seat. The VRS and S3 recaros look good but seem to go for a lot. So is it worth changing the standard cupra seats for the 'R' seats? Or wait until I find S3, VRS or R32 seats at a decent price?

nitroverf

Apr 17, 2012
if you find the R seats (Recaro version) it's a great upgrade.

468321000971478.jpg

31434_RearRecaro_2.jpg

If you find the standard R seats, only the covers change with basics seats, so not really interesting...

$(KGrHqN,!qcFEOWU6V0lBRcm4ijFCw~~60_12.JPG

090522082449557663.jpg

K22P UP

Sorry to hijack, is the recaro version pretty uncommon to find? i take it they where extra upgrade from standard in the R's didn't realise there was two versions untill now..... :think:

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
I think the std seats are very comfy,i have fitted black door cards,glove box & bottom dash under steering column which is a big improvement

03cupra

May 18, 2010
Maidstone
Cheers for the replies guys, I didn't realise there were 2 different versions either.. I guess that's why some on ebay are 150 and others 400 plus! I thought te cheaper ones didnt look much different to standard..

03cupra

May 18, 2010
Maidstone
I think the std seats are very comfy,i have fitted black door cards,glove box & bottom dash under steering column which is a big improvement

Yeah it's much nicer havin the interior all one colour.. On the facelift the cards and glovebox etc was already black, just the headlining and upper plastics were a grey colour, made a massive difference changing the plastics for black, seats aren't too bad just would rather have recaro..

03cupra

May 18, 2010
Maidstone
Brettyboy I like what you've done with the interior door handles, did you wrap them yourself? Mine are looking a old so this would be a great mod for me. Has the vinyl lasted, still look good?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members