What did you and your MK2 do today?

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
All prept and ready for the weekend.

See some of you at Gti.

Lucky you I havent even touched mine yet apart from getting thw wheels refurbed.

ane9a5yj.jpg

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me !!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Magicsky

I got the need for speed
Oct 8, 2012
West Sussex
Lucky you I havent even touched mine yet . Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me !!!

I have been doing mine for weeks. Last touch up tomoz after work ready for gti inters. Wahoooooo can't wait. See you all there.

Sent from the Iphone! Candy white cr 2.0 170 tdi Fr

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Shnazzle, Tonto, the noise is ridiculous. I freakin love it! Was out for a good few hours last night playing about, the chatter is pretty cool. Going through the gears at full throttle, changing up at 4k revs sounds awesome :D

Fitting was easy too. A few fiddly moments with my big shovel hands but all good apart from that!

Glad you enjoy it, personally its one of the best mods i've done the my FR. The only time its gets on my tits, is when im stuck behind a slow coach, say on a steep hill and i cant drop it down a gear because the revs will be too high, and cant go up a gear becuse it'll be too low, and you need to just go very very lightly on the throttle and it makes a slight hissssssssssssss.

but, i freakin love it!

looks good, do you not get a heat shield as part of the kit? I would be worried about heat soak to much.

the heat sheild with this kit is the silver sli sheed on the back of the block there. There is nothing to go around the filter. Although, someone has did a very good custom job of making an enclosure for it.

Mikey-D

Sep 12, 2012
Kilwinning, Ayrshire
Yeah mate it's a great mod. Love it! The spooling noise is great, can't get enough :p Up hills is noisy but still love it! Simple things...

Yeah as Tonto said, the heat shield is at the top of the engine block, goes over the exhaust manifold area.

I'd love to see a custom made box and or a custom cold air feed, I think it would benefit

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Shnazzle, Tonto, the noise is ridiculous. I freakin love it! Was out for a good few hours last night playing about, the chatter is pretty cool. Going through the gears at full throttle, changing up at 4k revs sounds awesome :D

Fitting was easy too. A few fiddly moments with my big shovel hands but all good apart from that!

It's really good isn't it? :) Best noise any of my cars ever made.
You'll soon find your MPG doing down the drain hehehe. Worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
I have a 280 mile trip to Kent tomorrow, then to the O2 arena on Sunday, back to Kent and then back home on Monday morning. All in, I'm looking Approx 640 miles.
This is all M5 and M4 and a bit of M25. or the alternative option is A303 but thats an annoying road imo! although, takes 50 mile off the trip. Im expecting 2 and a little tanks for this trip.

I got my best ever return last week, 230 miles to bang on half a tank (going by the gauge) not bad for a mapped FR tfsi imo! Tbh, half of that i'd just picked up my new puppy so was taking it very easy.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
You might manage on 2 tanks Tonto. Motorway driving I can squeeze 32mpg out my K1 and that's 2 up and sitting around 75 to 85. Oops I mean 70.

Dogs love speed ;)

Yeah if im around the "70"ish marker i can see 30-32mpg. But, im inpatient and tend to push my way up through the rev range when the roads are clear. Hence why id rather go Motorway than A roads with a load of caravans.

When im up in Kent im checking out an Audi S5 too. ;)

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Gave her another wash as next door decided to leaf blow there front garden and blow dust etc all up side of her :mad:

usumevy6.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.