Recent revo remap @ Gti international

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Guys just come back from Gti international what a great day out, I got my Leon mk2 tfsi sport (185 bhp) remapped by revo stage 1 which I was very excited about, I saw the other companies there doing remaps but trusted revo so went with them. So after the big day I was very excited about driving my remapped 240bhp car

Sadly when leaving Shakespeare raceway I was quite disappointed with it, and didn't notice a huge amount In gains and felt slower than a leon fr Mk2 standard. It's making me wonder whether I may have a fault with the car seeing as I have never heard a bad review on revo remaps, I was wondering if anyone has had this issue before?? Please let me know I almost hope my car has a fault that can be rectified as I'm really unhappy with it after the remap

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I wouldn't get a map flashed at a show since it isn't finely tuned, but I wouldn't have thought it would feel slower than the standard car...

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Something wrong if it doesn't feel like a completely different car

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Could be your "Divertor Valve" which sits next to the Turbo (down below of the engine)

You can reach it by going under the car, then removing the underbody tray and you should see it under the driver's side (held on with 3 T-25/30 Torque star screws, and you need to unclip the sensor with a screw driver!

I haven't heard of the FR being slow after having a remap, but I would check the DV...!

steroidchris

Feb 14, 2011
Brierley Hill
I'm sure remap companies check for fault codes before remapping and if there are any issues, don't do anything until they can be rectified.
Was it definitely Revo doing the map or some cowboys "offering" a Revo map?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
It was very hot down there. Heat always has potential to hold a car back.

Just give Revo a call on Monday to explain what's happened. I'm sure they will identify any issues if you can get it to them.

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Thanks for all your feedback, it did have a code logged lack of boost pressure so I'm hoping there is a fault with the diverter valve, and I'm sure it is revo as they sponsored the event doubtful it was cowboys.

Lee M

Thanks for all your feedback, it did have a code logged lack of boost pressure so I'm hoping there is a fault with the diverter valve, and I'm sure it is revo as they sponsored the event doubtful it was cowboys.

They shouldn't have mapped it really if it had a fault. Especially one to do with boost issues.
As said phone REVO Monday, they are always super helpful when I call.
I think what was meant about cowboys was some random company doing the map for you, but I think I remember seeing LVS racing? doing the mapping.

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
yeah it was LVS and yeah they did ask me and I said for them to continue Ill try and get it sorted next week, If i was to get a new valve can anyone recommend me one?

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I had this feeling after a remap and convinced myself "Maybe its adjusting"
Trust me, When you've had a remap that puppy will put you in the back of your seat!
My diesel Ibiza went from 100 to 150bhp and the difference scared me a little at the time.

I would say something is almost certainly wrong.
If you have an android phone you can buy a bluetooth adapter from ebay for $15 and download the Torque Application.

It will show you faults, atleast it did on my Ibiza Cupra, Leon Cupra R (MK1) and a V12 Audi!

Lee M

yeah it was LVS and yeah they did ask me and I said for them to continue Ill try and get it sorted next week, If i was to get a new valve can anyone recommend me one?

did you get a fault code with any particular wording associated with it?

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
I was told by a guy at revo to road test the vehicle with diagnostics pluged in and , drive the car under load in 4th gear and see that the turbo pressure specified and actual were matched, but it was so hard as the figures just were continuously changing

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
when i had my first map, i had to go back as i wasnt overly pleased with it.

what fuel are you running? i found soon as i put Vpower in, and ran a few tanks of that, he could finely adjust it and then it went like stink compared to stock!

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
when i had my first map, i had to go back as i wasnt overly pleased with it.

what fuel are you running? i found soon as i put Vpower in, and ran a few tanks of that, he could finely adjust it and then it went like stink compared to stock!

I am running shell v power but wasn't before

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.