Adblue

phooey

Just had my 61 plate FR in for service and the garage are saying my Adblue needed topping up at a cost of £80, is this really necessary and if so can I do it myself of does anyone know somewhere cheaper in the Newcastle area to get it done

Many thanks

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Just had my 61 plate FR in for service and the garage are saying my Adblue needed topping up at a cost of £80, is this really necessary and if so can I do it myself of does anyone know somewhere cheaper in the Newcastle area to get it done

Many thanks

Adblue is only on the Alhambra lol :whistle:

phooey

Well what a bunch of robbing :censored: glad I didn't get it done - cheers for the advice :)

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
It's for some dpf cars but only thing in the seat range is the Alhambra

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK

Was this a SEAT dealer or an Indy who told you this?

I would play dumb and say you want it done and if they then present you with a bill for £80 kick up a right stink and show them the SEAT info that says AbBlue is only applicable to Alhambras along with the £39 price tag, then ask them where they actually put it in your Leon FR.

BoostHard

Complete Plonker
Nov 25, 2012
At Work.......
www.Passionford.com
You can buy 10litres of adblue in most petrol stations for about £11.

I go through a fair amount in my lorry, it has pigs piss in it.

either way I can't see any car holding anywhere near £80 of the stuff. My lorry only holds £30 of Adblue

Last edited:

Deleted member 74601

AdBlue is in the VW Touareg as well.

Can't believe the cheeky ****ers tried this. If it's a dealership, I'd report them.

I think you should name and shame anyway.

phooey

I had a follow up call from the service department yesterday afternoon and I mentioned it to him and he asked if I was sure - I told him I would hardly pick the name adblue out of thin air if i'd never been told about it would I - he then said the 'technician' must have got his wires crossed as it was the chevron diesel additive that he should have been talking about. Now I may be wrong here as it was the name 'adblue' that stuck in my mind but i'm sure the technician mention a fuel additive separately as well but I could be wrong. Not sure what concerns me most, the fact that they may have been trying to rip me off or the fact that the 'technician' appears to not have a clue what he is talking about and serviced my car :-(

If anyones interested by the way it was a well known dealership in Newcastle - i've had a few 'issues' since I bought the car which included having to complain direct to their head office to get some action taken. Wish I hadn't got the first two services included now!

Deleted member 74601

I had a follow up call from the service department yesterday afternoon and I mentioned it to him and he asked if I was sure - I told him I would hardly pick the name adblue out of thin air if i'd never been told about it would I - he then said the 'technician' must have got his wires crossed as it was the chevron diesel additive that he should have been talking about. Now I may be wrong here as it was the name 'adblue' that stuck in my mind but i'm sure the technician mention a fuel additive separately as well but I could be wrong. Not sure what concerns me most, the fact that they may have been trying to rip me off or the fact that the 'technician' appears to not have a clue what he is talking about and serviced my car :-(

If anyones interested by the way it was a well known dealership in Newcastle - i've had a few 'issues' since I bought the car which included having to complain direct to their head office to get some action taken. Wish I hadn't got the first two services included now!

Welcome to owning a SEAT.

Every dealership is wank.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Phooey, get yourself to Jennings in boro if you have any issues with your car, it will be worth your journey. I think they're the only decent dealer in the north east!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members