Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Found this in my rear arm...

4t58cm.jpg

Seems like my spring didn't want it...

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
was getting fed up with the Pioneer 3 way speakers I had bought on impulse when I 1st got the Leon and replaced them with these:

Vibe Slick 6, 16.5cm 2 way coaxial. Sound quality is a hell of a lot better with these, very impressed!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
was getting fed up with the Pioneer 3 way speakers I had bought on impulse when I 1st got the Leon and replaced them with these:

Vibe Slick 6, 16.5cm 2 way coaxial. Sound quality is a hell of a lot better with these, very impressed!

Looking good! How much did they set you back?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Git them from halfords. On offer £32.99 a pair.

Billy bargain

I was hoping you were about to say 5 million pounds so i didn't have to take a trip to halfords lol

It's not a straight swap for the originals though is it...

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
I was hoping you were about to say 5 million pounds so i didn't have to take a trip to halfords lol

It's not a straight swap for the originals though is it...

Lol No mate,

To swap from oe speakers to aftermarket ones you'll need the SAK-3103 speaker adaptor rings available in halfords as well :)

Last edited:

Jonbmx900

Jan 5, 2013
I'm looking to upgrade the front and rear speakers in my leon tdi sport as the rears don't seem to be doing much compared to the fronts have already fitted my alpine head unit

Has anyone else had the feeling the rears don't do much ?

Jon

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
I'm looking to upgrade the front and rear speakers in my leon tdi sport as the rears don't seem to be doing much compared to the fronts have already fitted my alpine head unit

Has anyone else had the feeling the rears don't do much ?

Jon

Think of it this way.

you've gone to a gig, or a festival. where is the band, infront or behind you.

so, is there any need to upgrade the rear? no.

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Decided I'm gonna sell the Leon and get a m3. InsurNce is silly cheap now and in the last 2 years iv only done5K miles so no point in having a diesel. Looking at a 02-03 pre fl e46. Just have to convince the fiancee first .....wish me luck!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Dsgfr11

Mar 30, 2012
Northamptonshire
Decided I'm gonna sell the Leon and get a m3. InsurNce is silly cheap now and in the last 2 years iv only done5K miles so no point in having a diesel. Looking at a 02-03 pre fl e46. Just have to convince the fiancee first .....wish me luck!!

Great cars :thumbup::thumbup:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees

She's a fiancée, she accepts it or she's out ;)

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland

You'll probably find you've got a quicker in gear accelerating car with the diesel than the m3. That is if your car is about 1300kg kerb weight with 170 bhp and 385 nm of torque or thereabouts. In gear acceleration is what I would prefer but handling wise a beem is hard to beat especially the one you're going for. The 01 bi-turbo audi RS4 is very nice with big torque and power and does handle well but pushes the nose very readily due to the 200 kg block up front.

Last edited:

MOE16V

May 17, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
i have to agree with pimped up vario that in gear acceleration will be faster especially with a remap.

i just had mine done by p torque and acceleration is AWESOME!

everytime i put my foot down the whole centre console comes flying out! lol.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast

Enjoy all the big bills :)