Should I get a bonnet scoop thoughts please

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Interesting that VW has swapped the locations of the battery and air filter for the Mk7 GTI, for improved weight distribution and air flow?

attachment.php

Same on MKV Golf based cars. ;)

I wonder, would it be simple to mod a Mk1 LC/LCR to the above battery/airbox setup? :think:

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I thought about trying but the TIP would need custom making. We just need someone to come up with a kit to fit the K04 from the TFSI engine......

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
There's a couple of company's trying to make it work. 360/370 on the standard turbo and over 400bhp from a hybrid sounds good. Plus no worries about manifolds.

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
i take it that with your hybrid turbo you should already have a big front mount and a suitable induction kit, do you have a heat shield for the induction kit? any kind of oil cooler? wmi as has been suggested has it ever had the coolant changed? because my 20vt mk3 ran far cooler after i changed the coolant

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Get a liquid gauge and whatch how fast the EGT's get stupidly high when you boot it. I'm not convinced that either a cold air feed or heat shield will make that much difference to intake temps.
WMI will though and for experience so does a Wellycooler.

Last edited:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Get a liquid gauge and whatch how fast the EGT's get stupidly high when you boot it. I'm not convinced that either a cold air feed or heat shield will make that much difference to intake temps.
WMI will though and for experience so does a Wellycooler.

24 deg out side temp and my LG was reading 58 AIT that is with no boost, just driving till 0 on the boost gauge

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
I reckon just do it. if it looks shite just pick up another bonnet for like 30 quid and get it wrapped for like another 20

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members