Another clutch question... (Sorry)

Turbojoe69

Hi guys , been doin some research as I'm after a new clutch for the Cupra.

Was looking into the vr6 and g60 setup, but not sure what power this can handle?

Or an anyone recommend a good clutch kit to go for? Needs to be capable of 250 - 300bhp.

Cheers !

Mar 19, 2010
derbyshire
the vr6 clutch can hold upto 300ftlb and I've seen quite afew fitted to k04 and k04 hybrids.
Try and get a smooth map so there's less strain on everything :)

dalegolf215

UNbanned
Jun 3, 2010
Rov'rum
UH OH!!

I can see another "don't ever buy anything from techniclutch" thread coming soon

apparently alot of their "uprated kits" are standard parts painted nice colours

RayRoocroft

UH OH!!

I can see another "don't ever buy anything from techniclutch" thread coming soon

apparently alot of their "uprated kits" are standard parts painted nice colours

Even if that was the case, id still be happy with the price for the kit next day delivered brand new at less than £200 :)

RayRoocroft

On my k04 setup that I was running 328ftlb I had standard clutch looked in great nick when It came out and never missed a beat mabey I was just lucky haha

im changing mine out of precaution and being proactive rather than reactive, going to USC at santa pod and the last thing i want is the clutch to go pop lol. did 126.5k miles, 30k+ of those on a k03s running 210-220bhp so its done me proud!

Turbojoe69

Ok, cheers for the info ! I've decided I'm putting myself on the scrounge...
Does anyone have a uprated clutch for sale? Or a smf? / or even both bits I could buy to get me through for the time being? Doesn't matter too much about cond as long as there is still some life left lol. Failing that anyone have any ideas where I could find a used one as a cheaper option? Other forums with for sale sections etc...

Turbojoe69

I've been on the hunt on Facebook sites, can't seem to locate anythin

Turbojoe69

.... and how come people have negative views on tecniclutch as a supplier? anyone had or know anyone who has had a rough experience with them?

did your kit arrive as expected RayRoocroft?

Turbojoe69

Sad times hey... I can see how easy it could be to fall into there ebay trap, with selling just about any clutch kit and flywheel package going...

Turbojoe69

Is it advised to change the clutch and fly bolts at the time of a new clutch? I know it's probably worth doing while its all apart but wandering if its something that needs to be done or whether its just something people do?

Mar 19, 2010
derbyshire
I brought my LUK clutch and g60 flywheel from techniclutch yeh it turned up 3 days after they said it would but 25k miles on stage 2 map and mods later its never missed a beat

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise