Leon Cupra HPFP

williburp

Dec 24, 2012
Camborne
It has been there since thurs, it started to go tits up while i was going to see my missus in hospital, so i drove a few extra miles to take it to the garage. I told seat uk what the avs garage said. Seat uk were going to suggest to dales about getting a seat expert down from milton keynes, that aint gonna happen coz dales would then admit they can't fix a car that they deal in.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Welcome to the world of dealing with SEAT .

For most people owning a SEAT is something they do day in day out with no issues at all.
But when you do get an issue like the OP then you turn to SEAT dealers for help and actually find they haven't got a clue what to do or where to start.

SEAT uk wont take notice of any indepandant report or what they say.

Unless you can prove to a SEAT dealer the issue with your car you will be banging your head against a brick wall for a very long time.
Just out of curiousity ask your dealer about cam follower wear , his reply should tell you all you need to know about the dealer network.

To the OP bear in mind this , if you do get an Engineer from milton keynes and he reports back that your car is mapped you may be asked to stump up the bill for their help.

So if i were you i would re think my approach.
Your car is out of warranty , so if i were you i would be going to a very good indy , they may take a week to find the fault but at least you can talk to them and feel confident that they will actually be able to fix your car.

williburp

Dec 24, 2012
Camborne
I know mate, since I got Seat uk involved, I don't have to pay for any parts or labour. I phoned the dealer yesterday and asked why they don't check the cam follower, they asked me why I asked that. I told them it was common sense as the car has done 51000 miles, has been mapped and is probably the easiest route for the fuel to get into the engine. They told me that they would put it to the workshop manager to see what he says. I'm not sure when they have to be changed so I just said "shouldn't they be changed 20000-40000 miles?) They didn't say anything to that

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I have to say I'm very suprised that SEAT know it's mapped and your not paying for anything , normally this would be an ideal excuse to get out of any warranty claims , that's why I'm suprised.
Keep us informed mate.

williburp

Dec 24, 2012
Camborne
Yeah, i got the car October last year, i took it back within a couple days coz it started misfiring and popping from exhaust, they said it was an intermittant fuel pressure fault and the engine light was coming on because it had a miltek turbo back exhaust. But they didnt want to pay £1700 for a standard exhaust, so they took it to Plymouth and had it tuned to 285 bhp. I then had to take it back a week later coz it was still doing it. They kept resetting the faults coz they said it doesn't have the fault when they had it so they couldn't replace any parts. I took it back 6 weeks ago, they had it for 3 weeks and replaced an injector. They charged me £545. I haf it for less than 24 hours and the oil filled with fuel again. I took it back and contacted seat uk customer services, they then had it for another 2 weeks, replaced wiring to the injecters snd to the coil packs, they fitted new spark plugs too. I picked it up last weds and took it back last thurs evening as the oil was full of fuel, misfiring oil light flashing and beeping. So in 6 weeks i have had my car for 48 hrs. They are taking it to where they got it tuned tomorrow to get him to look at it. They have told me they are funding all repairs til this fault is sorted. I should hope so after i payed £545 on what they told me was causing it and it didn't change a thing!

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
just goes to show that dealers have no idea how to deal with modified cars.

i'd stipulate its flashed back to standard then go from there, at least you know the software isnt to blame then.

williburp

Dec 24, 2012
Camborne
I think they were on about clearing the map, i want a revo map but cant afford that sort of price at the moment. I am paying over £200 a month finance + my insurance and aint had it for 6 weeks

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
i think that as a token of good will (and so you dont carry out legal proceedings) you should ask that they replace the software with Revo once the faults are rectified. 20% off untill 18/08/2013, they better pull their fingers out!

williburp

Dec 24, 2012
Camborne
Can't see them doing that, the place where they take it (the engine tuner) in plymouth aka Alan Jeffery. Anly charged them £300 to map it. That is why i sad about taking it to the avs centre 5 mins drive from me, ciz they could dort the car and are also a revo dealer

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
any one else suspecting the shitty map here or just me???

285 from a map is a VERY **** one. who knows what the stupid people actually put on the car could be a map for an FR or even worse an Alfa of some sort.

afraid to say id get the map removed or changed.

if you were local i have a full standard exhaust in the loft you could of tried

lee

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Smee, tell me how a ecu remap will allow fuel to be mixed with oil?
Some seal or case is leaking which allows the fuel to leak in wrong place...
Id say hpfp or injectors.

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
I don't think there's any doubt the oil is filling up with fuel Smee. the car has been flushed twice.

I'd be demanding a new OEM fuel pump & cam follower be installed, a new OEM downpipe and the ECU flashing back to standard. That's the only way these clowns will get to the bottom of it. If that lot doesn't fix it, then reject it.

I'm surprised the Milltek caused the EML. I know people running stock code with Millteks with no issues whatsoever, unless the Milltek is decat?

I'm gobsmacked SEAT UK are still involved knowing there is a random, unknown (shite) map on the car and an aftermarket, full turbo back exhaust.

Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
just goes to show that dealers have no idea how to deal with modified cars.QUOTE]

They struggle with standard cars never mind modified !

any one else suspecting the shitty map here or just me???

285 from a map is a VERY **** one. who knows what the stupid people actually put on the car could be a map for an FR or even worse an Alfa of some sort.

afraid to say id get the map removed or changed.

if you were local i have a full standard exhaust in the loft you could of tried

lee

285 -290 is acyually about right for a stage 1 map , the 300 bhp + figures that keep getting pushed about are a little on the high side.
Pop along to JKM website and have a look at some of their dyno plots.

The reason Revo and alike say upto 300 bhp for a remap is because they use different rollers to develop their cars so they see high numbers and low and 300 is the average.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Jefferies is a Scooby specalist. Anything else enters that place it come out either blown up or ****ed. And then, even the scooby come out like crap most of the time.

It used to be good, real good and had a cracking reputation...But then employed chimps who think its all about BHP, max figure. Not power deliver, not smooth curves, not torque but the good old peak BHP! We all know how this ends.

i would ask them to NOT take it to Alan Jefferies, i would ask them to reprogram the ECU back to its OEM state, and then check the cam follower.

out of interest, have you had a hire car all this time?
and, the comment about the milltek being a decat, if they sold it like that they would have ALOT of explaining to do. It would be humerus.

williburp

Dec 24, 2012
Camborne
I have had one of there cars the whole time, they took it to Alan today. I tried getting them to take it to the local AVS centre coz they do revo remaps, but they were having none of it. I need to save up some money to get it revo'd, bit hard at the moment as I'm going for custody of my 2 boys

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members