Car won't unlock

turbofreak

Jul 14, 2013
Hey guys my car locks but won't unlock and I can unlock the boot but not the doors , I have unplugged the battery but still won't unlock , this happen to anyone ?

mccracd

Sep 3, 2011
Belfast, n.ireland
Sounds like it needs to be plugged in, get someone nearby with VCDS to scan it for you, decent people shouldn't want much for the effort!

By the sounds of it there might be something wrong with the central convenience unit, that's the computer that controls windows, door locking, heaters etc but I haven't heard of any going wrong and I imagine that if they did go wonky they wouldn't do anything for you!

What year is it? If its still under warranty then get it booked in

EDIT: have you checked the key isn't to blame? Try opening the door the old fashioned way and let us know how you get on

Last edited:

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
try using the key, and not the fob.
Also, go in via the boot and press the unlock button by the handbrake. does it work?

could be worth changing the key battery and then going through the key program procedure. Its on here somewhere, and very simple to do.

turbofreak

Jul 14, 2013
Ok changed the remote battery seems to work now , which could mean that it takes more battery power to unlock the car than lock it ? Anyway thanks for the feedback guys

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
few weeks of getting my car the key battery went duff, and i couldnt unlock it properly.

changed the battery, re programmed it, and its been perfect since. Glad its sorted and welcome to the site.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise