DPF light on but I have No DPF!?

Bomber

Feb 10, 2011
Ireland
As title states, how can my light be coming on the dash when I have it removed? Drove for 20 mins @ 2k revs but no luck getting it off.

Have vag com but won't get to scan it till Saturday and have to do 2 15 mile trips and a 3 mile trip before I can scan her. Is this a bad idea?

Anyone experience this?

Deleted member 74601

Did they remap the car when they took out the DPF?

If they didn't, then that's why, if they did, it's probably a faulty exhaust sensor, which is a common fault. About £100 or so to fix.

Bomber

Feb 10, 2011
Ireland
Yeah DPF and map was all done, over a year ago! Can you drive with that sensor gone? Should show up on vag com I'd guess?

Deleted member 74601

Yeah it shows on vag com. I believe its safe to drive on but you'll have lower fuel economy as it tries to regen.

Bomber

Feb 10, 2011
Ireland
Just noticed she ate a lot of fuel this morning alright, could it put itself in limp mode? I never had the DPF in really but I think I read that all the lights can come on in the dash and it will go into limp mode if its regenerating unsuccessfully?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Who did the map? I'm guessing either a cheap map who have no idea what they are doing or a sensor

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Bomber

Feb 10, 2011
Ireland
Who did the map? I'm guessing either a cheap map who have no idea what they are doing or a sensor

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Not a cheap map, done by an irish company and known as the best over here.

Mapped and de DPF'd for over a year and 20k miles with no issues until now. Ill go with your sensor assumption.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise