Leon Cupra HPFP

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
just goes to show that dealers have no idea how to deal with modified cars.QUOTE]

They struggle with standard cars never mind modified !

285 -290 is acyually about right for a stage 1 map , the 300 bhp + figures that keep getting pushed about are a little on the high side.
Pop along to JKM website and have a look at some of their dyno plots.

The reason Revo and alike say upto 300 bhp for a remap is because they use different rollers to develop their cars so they see high numbers and low and 300 is the average.

over 300 is the norm now for a stage 1 map been proven time and time again on a lo of different rollers

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Sorry, but when i read the comments from the owner of this car, i wonder...
All the time you´re just keep posting how you would like to have it Revo´d and how you are asking the company who sold it to have it Revo´d...
Do you even care to have it fixed, or are you so sure that the answer to the problem is the remap?
Have you, at any point claimed the seller to have it turned to the stock?

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
Sorry, but when i read the comments from the owner of this car, i wonder...
All the time you´re just keep posting how you would like to have it Revo´d and how you are asking the company who sold it to have it Revo´d...
Do you even care to have it fixed, or are you so sure that the answer to the problem is the remap?
Have you, at any point claimed the seller to have it turned to the stock?

I agree with everything you've said there.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Everyone knows dynos are lotterys
post your dyno up mate so i can see your graph.

Is your car mapped for your 40 + mpg you claim you can achieve ? or have you got a proper map now?

god your an absolute **** at times

40+ mpg is achievable with very careful driving, would i do it every day, nope as thats not what the car was purchased for

if you actually bothered to read my posts you would see i said this was not the norm for driving "normally"

Have a look at posted stage 1 Graphs and you will see 90%+ of them are over the 300 bhp mark

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
just goes to show that dealers have no idea how to deal with modified cars.QUOTE]

They struggle with standard cars never mind modified !

285 -290 is acyually about right for a stage 1 map , the 300 bhp + figures that keep getting pushed about are a little on the high side.
Pop along to JKM website and have a look at some of their dyno plots.

The reason Revo and alike say upto 300 bhp for a remap is because they use different rollers to develop their cars so they see high numbers and low and 300 is the average.

It's interesting you say this. I was at ecotune APR Dealer in scotland and they could not get an APR stage 1 car passed 295 bhp with no other hardware mods. At the time my car had a intake hpfp and rs4 valve with advanced revo settings and made 312. I reckon you maybe right with just a map that 300 is too high

williburp

Dec 24, 2012
Camborne
Yes i want my car fixed, but everyone says on here 285 bhp is ****, they are also saying the bloke that mapped it is ****. I had no choice who mapped it coz the dealer payed for it. I said about a revo map coz my local avs garage is a revo dealer. I also said about them taking it to tha avs place coz it's only 15 min drive from the dealer, compared to driving from Cornwall to Plymouth and all that time fuel is getting in my oil. Anyone can figure out which is best for the car. They wouldn't set it to standard coz they said it wouldn't run rite with turbo back system

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
It's interesting you say this. I was at ecotune APR Dealer in scotland and they could not get an APR stage 1 car passed 295 bhp with no other hardware mods. At the time my car had a intake hpfp and rs4 valve with advanced revo settings and made 312. I reckon you maybe right with just a map that 300 is too high

Speaking to a very well respected tuner the other day about this very subject. He's of the opinion that his 'conservative' dyno is actually very accurate and that there are a lot of dynos out there providing unrealistic figures.

There is a school of though saying K04s are out of puff at 340ish and that Stage 1 is more like a realistic 290-295. I'd suggest these are the people that are more likely to be correct than those getting 380bhp on a Stage 2+ map.

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire
@robdf2 this was on the way to work this morning in my stage 1 Cupra. Doesn't happen every morning but does now and again
gyja9esa.jpg

To the OP, sorry for going off topic

williburp

Dec 24, 2012
Camborne
I spoke to Dales earlier, they told me the car is still in Plymouth having Alan Jeffery look at it. Looks like they may have given up trying to find the fault and passed it on to the engine tuner.

window60

Feb 19, 2008
Worcester
@robdf2 this was on the way to work this morning in my stage 1 Cupra. Doesn't happen every morning but does now and again
gyja9esa.jpg

To the OP, sorry for going off topic

Before my remap I could get this sort of figure sitting on the M5 at 60mph, now with the stage 1 map on under the same conditions im lucky to get 34mpg.

Rich

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.