FR TDi Gone Sluggish !!

optim8

Evening,

Getting really frustrated with the car. Started running sluggish about a month a go, running fine once the turbo cuts in but feels like its holding back up to that point.

Had the Fuel Filter changes as that was a suggestion but no change, then had a smoke test and found I had a leak in the inlet manifold so had that replaced at £700:blink: but here we are a week later after a 400mile run this week and the car is still suffering!!

As you can imagine I'm now completely skint and the car is still the same. I wonder if the turbo is not cutting in properly or something. Basically I'm feeling any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm feeling like I'm driving a Friday afternoon motor!!!:cry:

gregorsco

leon mk2 fr tdi
Aug 17, 2011
lower largo fife
Evening,

Getting really frustrated with the car. Started running sluggish about a month a go, running fine once the turbo cuts in but feels like its holding back up to that point.

Had the Fuel Filter changes as that was a suggestion but no change, then had a smoke test and found I had a leak in the inlet manifold so had that replaced at £700:blink: but here we are a week later after a 400mile run this week and the car is still suffering!!

As you can imagine I'm now completely skint and the car is still the same. I wonder if the turbo is not cutting in properly or something. Basically I'm feeling any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm feeling like I'm driving a Friday afternoon motor!!!:cry:

Could it be a dpf related issue? Or has your i jectors been replaced?

optim8

Could it be a dpf related issue? Or has your i jectors been replaced?

Did have DPF probs earlier in the year having to do a manual regen in the end. Did wonder if this may not be working correctly for some reason, ie not sensing it needs to regen. Injectors have also been done.

Deleted member 74601

It's been hot recently. I've certainly been able to tell the difference in mine compared to cooler weather.

steroidchris

Feb 14, 2011
Brierley Hill
Mine hasn't felt great either the last couple of weeks. Never thought about the hot weather.
Does having the air con on kill any power cause I notice it when thats on?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta