struggling to start when cold

user187

Jun 23, 2012
ive done a search on the furom and seems the cupra was prone to this problem pre ecu update, my 1.6 16v sport has started to struggle on 1st start over the last couple of weeks, does anyone when the same engine have the same problems??

ive had it on torgue app and theres no engine faults coming up, my engine coolant/anti freeze is fine, i cant see any other obvious signs... any idea's?? other than its -2 outside??

user187

Jun 23, 2012
battery was put on a slow charge not so long ago, been fine since then. im booked in for an air con service on friday so il ask them to check it anyway

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Put a voltmeter on the battery when you crank it and see what you get.

The battery maybe struggling in the cold as it could be getting on. Where batteries fail is the cranking amps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

user187

Jun 23, 2012
It was pretty much dead this morning, had to bump it

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

user187

Jun 23, 2012
Done abit of inveatigating after work today....turns out it could be my amp draining the batt....why? I do not knoq yet but battery is sayin good/charging on a tester to alternators fine aswel, took the fuse out of the amp live and it fires up 1st 2nd 3rd time and so on, with fuse in it dies after 1st turn

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
not the greatest but not too bad, is it turning off when ignitions off?

do you have an aftermarket HU?

try keeping the HU off when you start the car.

user187

Jun 23, 2012
not the greatest but not too bad, is it turning off when ignitions off?

do you have an aftermarket HU?

try keeping the HU off when you start the car.

ive yet to check this tomorrow. and yes i have a pioneer avh 1400 double din, the cars started 1st time this morning and again 12 hours last and the drive back from work (without HU on and no fuse in the amp live).

user187

Jun 23, 2012
even without the amp connected, it died on me this morning. took it to my local car spares shop for free battery test, they said the batteries fine other than its just completely flat and needs an overnight slow charge (something Seat did back in september along with a ecu update) my thoughts are if running the amp of this battery is draining it then maybe a heavy duty one and see where i go??

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
the battery isn't the problem so why change it?

Find out what is wrong with your system cause constantly draining the battery flat will **** it in no time!

user187

Jun 23, 2012
Yuasa heavy duty batt cost me 40 quid, checked all wiring and amp remote turn off from ignition and HU Off both of which turn the amp off. Got a 3 year warranty on it aswel....if this goes flat then ove got a problem I cant find.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.