Not running right after dpf removal and remap

Danfr550

Hi I'm new to the forum I've got a seat leon fr550 and today I got the dpf removed and remapped today and now when driving the car keeps going on and off the power until 2500rpm then goes back to normal anyone got any idea what it could be? I've spoken to the person who remapped it and he said it can't be the remapp that's caused it so does anyone have any ideas? Cheers

FR550-Kat

The map could b too vicious for the car. I have an fr550 also and it has a very vicious map!! The boost sensor kicks in when it thinks car is giving too much power in low revs. Cuts it back but snaps outta it within a couple of seconds n is away like the hammers of hell again lol

Danfr550

It was ecu flash that did the job, there was never any problems before the map

FR550-Kat

My map never caused that prob so unfortunately i cant help u. Wat bhp did ur map being u up 2? Might b too much for car

Danfr550

That's the thing the bloke just turned up plugged it in and then said that's pretty much it, so I never actually got any figures, apart from he said it would be around 200bhp. The car feels a little faster but not much, so I think he might have just mapped it to delete out the dpf and that's all so I don't think there will be too much power

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
You will probably have to pay get it mapped again by a reputable tuning eg revo Apr etc this cowboy tuners turn up map your car and go they just use maps downloaded off the internet and load them on

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

FR550-Kat

Hmmmm that sounds a bit dodgy.... Hoe many miles have u done? U have to do 500 easy mile because unlike a petrol a diesel has to learn its map so u cant go all gubs blazin straight after the map r ur gonna blow something

Danfr550

I've done 100miles easy since the map and it's been the same the full time, but the guy told me I don't have to do anything it should run perfect straight away. Which made me think my egr valve might be to blame but I'm really not sure

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
I've done 100miles easy since the map and it's been the same the full time, but the guy told me I don't have to do anything it should run perfect straight away. Which made me think my egr valve might be to blame but I'm really not sure

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

FR550-Kat

Id b worried if he told u to drive it as normal because a diesel does not instantly load its map. It needs to learn it "/

FR550-Kat

Id b worried if he told u to drive it as normal because a diesel does not instantly load its map. It needs to learn it "/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danfr550

So if I drive sensibly for a while it should sort it's self? And what they did was cut a square out the exhaust and pull out all the dpf filter then weld it all back up.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Mine does this occasionally. Found that so far it only happens after I recently start the car and accelerate off quickly. Happened twice but after the initial cut-outs its absolutely fine again. Even if i try to replicate the issue, its gone!

Danfr550

It does sound similar to that although, the bloke that did it claims he does loads of seat leon 170's and never had a problem, could it be anything to do with the egr valve? Because in 3rd when I put my foot down it sounds abit like there's a whistle from engine everytime the power drops and stops when it powers up

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Largest UK Seat forum, and I've never heard of this guy
I'd call BS on his claim of "loads"

If it didn't do it before, it's down to them (and it sounds like software)

Refund, and go somewhere else

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
It does sound similar to that although, the bloke that did it claims he does loads of seat leon 170's and never had a problem, could it be anything to do with the egr valve? Because in 3rd when I put my foot down it sounds abit like there's a whistle from engine everytime the power drops and stops when it powers up

The tuners in question in the topic I posted, and also the ones who did my car, HAVE done tons of these cars in VW, SEAT, Audi and Skoda guise...but they still managed to knack up Marshall's car big time with a crap map. So...go for a reputable big name. Proper big name. Sedox apparently wasn't big enough of a name :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Its a PD170

The car as standard has this issue but because the OEM mapping is tame it never really does it, as soon as mapped it does it straight away.

The "tuner" is nothing but a cowboy my advice is to get it to the likes of Darkside Developments or Shark Performance and get it tuned properly. Even Custard Code resolved this issue in their mapping

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.