My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Just fitted the track wheels.
null_zps8e7b788d.jpg

null_zps7d5e2ac9.jpg

Who says there's not enough clearance for the Brembo's with 17"!
null_zps198ff256.jpg

Compared to the TD's
null_zpsf99f4ea9.jpg

I also fitted the Forge 10mm spacers to the rear
null_zps2a6d20ef.jpg

null_zps8303e860.jpg

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I knew my mot was due soon so I check when this morning. It ran out today...
So after asking around I'm booked in with a de cat friendly tester tomorrow. After it fails after how much time and money I've spent on it this year I may just give up!

George657

Dec 25, 2012
Portsmouth
Why? What's the point? All this way and just give up because it may fail!
Stick at it mate! Nothing can put a smile on my face like my car when I'm doing a buck 40 behind a carrera 4s pushing him down the motorway :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I knew my mot was due soon so I check when this morning. It ran out today...
So after asking around I'm booked in with a de cat friendly tester tomorrow. After it fails after how much time and money I've spent on it this year I may just give up!

Giving up is for tarts :p Don't!

3.5yrs on I'm glad I stuck in there.. I bet she'll do ok, good luck for the MOT mate.

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
Never give up on it mate, think about the positives of the car. Them track wheels look so odd on an LCR but not as bad as when I had cupra starfishes on mine lol

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Why? What's the point? All this way and just give up because it may fail!
Stick at it mate! Nothing can put a smile on my face like my car when I'm doing a buck 40 behind a carrera 4s pushing him down the motorway :)

Giving up is for tarts :p Don't!

3.5yrs on I'm glad I stuck in there.. I bet she'll do ok, good luck for the MOT mate.

Never give up on it mate, think about the positives of the car. Them track wheels look so odd on an LCR but not as bad as when I had cupra starfishes on mine lol

It won't be going anywhere soon. :)

The comps do look different but they 9.2 kg forged wheels so a good track wheel.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
The MOT didn't get done today as I took the car keys to work with me:doh: so my wife could take it. So re booked for Tuesday.
Also I'm gutted to say I've had to re book with R tech for the beginning of September:cry:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Mot passed;)

Next up the battery's going in the boot and the engine bay is finally having a make over:)

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
My cars in bits at the moment all get some photos of what I'm up to later.

Last edited:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
null_zpsc443c4e8.jpg

I've stated my engin bay tidy up/catch tank fitting/battery relocation this week. It's very slow progress so my cars likely to be off the road for a while :-(.
The PCV pipe work and it replacement.
null_zps21f0709a.jpg

The expected splits and holes in the PCV pipe work
null_zpsa73c989a.jpg

null_zpsbc4ed4e7.jpg

I bought the catch tank from Phillc so to get it to fit the battery needs moving.
null_zps926ae777.jpg

All striped waiting for the cable!
null_zps5dd15638.jpg

null_zpscb4ad762.jpg

CAD for the braket to hold the catch tank.
null_zps9e744a04.jpg

null_zpsf758dcc8.jpg

The bracket is a little rough around the edges so I'll re visit it at some point!
null_zpsdfd4e113.jpg

Hoping to get a little more done this weekend but I've got a fault on my phone line and no 3G at home so will be a while before I can get some more photos up!

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
The incredably slow progress continues!!!
null_zps1e282882.jpg

null_zpsb19a8187.jpg

I'm hopefully going to get the bracket finished off and a yew more bits sprayed up later. So the engine bay should be back together by the weekend. I'm just waiting on all the parts for the battery relocation. I'm getting it all at a good price so the wait is worth while!

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
More boring photos.
null_zpsd660383a.jpg

null_zps4ba3abf6.jpg

Ready for painting tomorrow.

I'm using the original fixing for the distribution block which sits on top of the battery. Just cut it down and and I'm going to bond it on to the bracket.
null_zpsa9801bb8.jpg
Seen here with my wing man.
null_zps875158ba.jpg

null_zpsed21ab03.jpg

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Did you get a good deal on the diff?

Not as such but as the gearbox was out for the repair and clutch, DMF. They fitted it for free.
It's still my favourite mod and the more I do to the car the more it offers. They're a very underrated bit of kit. :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.