droppin the oil?

KTM540

Jul 27, 2013
Hi all, ok, even tho my 07' FR170 was "serviced" before I collected it, when I started poking around under the bonnet (as you do), I noticed the air filter wasnt new!! it wasnt too bad , but not new ... which has now made me wonder about the oil :confused:

Sooo, for my own peice of mind I'm going to DIY :rolleyes:

I've put a new air filter in now, and sourced the correct oil/filter for the engine from my local motor factor, anything I need to be aware of ? ... oh, and where is the oil filter located on these :p (I've always owned/serviced large 4x4's, so this is as far from what I'm used to as I can get LOL!)

Cheers ;)

Andy.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Hi all, ok, even tho my 07' FR170 was "serviced" before I collected it, when I started poking around under the bonnet (as you do), I noticed the air filter wasnt new!! it wasnt too bad , but not new ... which has now made me wonder about the oil :confused:

Sooo, for my own peice of mind I'm going to DIY :rolleyes:

I've put a new air filter in now, and sourced the correct oil/filter for the engine from my local motor factor, anything I need to be aware of ? ... oh, and where is the oil filter located on these :p (I've always owned/serviced large 4x4's, so this is as far from what I'm used to as I can get LOL!)

Cheers ;)

Andy.

The oil filter can be difficult to get into in the 2.0 tdi

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
serviced before sale is a simple oil and filter change.
they wouldnt have changed anything else.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Where is the filter on the 2.0TFSI?

Seems like a good place to ask, can't say as I've looked but was just curious if it's in a hard to get at place?

KTM540

Jul 27, 2013
You'll need a drain pan, 19mm spanner and a 32/36mm
Socket to undo the filter. The filter lives at the front under the manifold.

Cheers MJ ;) ... sounds like accessability is from underneath then, will I need to remove any under trays or skids to see it ?

presumably I'll be ok jacking it up, and placing a couple of concrete blocks under the front tyres to get access ? (then flat again for the oil to drain properly obviously :p)

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Bit late sorry, but National Tyres doing an Oil/ Filter change for around £38.00 using Castrol Edge and a Unipart filter use code GPLUS1OF when booking on line for a bit off.

Last edited:

KTM540

Jul 27, 2013
You'll need a drain pan, 19mm spanner and a 32/36mm
Socket to undo the filter. The filter lives at the front under the manifold.

Hello again, just had another look underneath, and am I right in thinkin the sump drain bolt is the one thats accessable "without" having to remove the under tray ? ... only ask cus it looks like the one, and is in the right place, but its a 22mm head, not a 19mm :confused:

KTM540

Jul 27, 2013
Edit: I think the 22mm might be the gearbox oil drain actually :whistle:

Jeez I need a workshop manual for this car :rolleyes:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
The sump plug is attached to the under most part of the engine , normally has a hump shape bolted onto the underside , on the Tfsi engines you can't really miss it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise