Electric mirrors gone crazy

DaveGT84

Apr 28, 2013
Hey guys. Tried to adjust the passenger mirror on my 52 plate cupra this morning and noticed the drivers side was being adjusted at the same time. Switched over to the drivers side and when adjusting exactly the same thing again. Both mirrors moving simultaneously. Anyone heard of this before or know what could be causing it before I start pulling it apart?
Dave

Jakalus

Mar 25, 2013
Hampshire
I have a similar problem Dave!

I try to move the driver's mirror and both do the same thing, fortunately when I select the passenger mirror it moves without affecting the driver's side so not quite as annoying as your one.

Would too love to know if it's an easy fix?!

Jack

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Yep its normal for both to move but passenger should be able to move independently.

On some early models the passenger mirror adjusts when selecting reverse gear as well

DaveGT84

Apr 28, 2013
First time I've noticed it to be honest and always have to adjust mirrors after the foreigners have washed it. Strange

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
First time I've noticed it to be honest and always have to adjust mirrors after the foreigners have washed it. Strange

The cars once had electric memory seats so different drivers just set a switch and the seat and mirrors adjusted accordingly to that driver, I guess its a feature left over from that.

Once the mirrors are set then if different people use the car they only need to adjust the drivers side as the passenger should follow relatively... in theory of course :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise