New MK3 - Few Questions

eoink

Jul 8, 2013
Ireland
Hi,

I just got my new Mk3 Leon Diesel. I'm really happy with it so far. :D
And I'm so happy to become a member of such a useful site.

I do, however, have a few question that I hope all you knowledgeable people will be able to help me with.

Is it possible to turn off the Bluetooth, to save on battery usage and fuel?
I don't use BT all that often.

Is it possible to turn off the GPS, for the same reason?

Is it possible to have the currently saved Cruise Control speed display anywhere when it's not active?
On my previous car (Peug 308), it showed this so I knew what I was heading for when I turned CC back on.

Does the reversing Left mirror only dip if the Heated Seats option is installed?
I don't have this option, but if there's anything I can try to get it working? Any buttons to set or knobs to twist when reversing?

I have Media System 2.2, and I love the touchscreen, MP3 playing, DAB and how it looks. But a few things I'd love to know about.
Does the Media System have any pre-defined Equalizer settings, apart from manual Treble, Mid and Bass settings?

How to I get the Radio to change from one Stored station to the next Stored station with the steering wheel?
I have a station on "Store 1" on the display and another on "Store 2" etc, but when I press the "Up" button on the right side of the steering wheel, instead of going from 1 to 2, the radio tunes to the next "Found" station.
This happens especially on DAB stations, where it switches to the next DAB station in the list rather than the next Stored DAB station.

Is it possible to delete "Found" stations in FM and DAB?
Either individually or all together?
I know there is a "Delete Presets" option, but it only clears the Stored stations and not the "Found" stations.

By "Found" I mean any stations detected by a Scan.

Thanks very much for any advice any of you can give.

Eoink

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
Hi Eoink,

I think I can answer some of your questions.

You don't need heated seats to dip the left mirror. I don't understand that link anyway. All you need to do is have the control on your door panel pointing to the left mirror and then when you select reverse it will dip.

I don't think there are pre set equalizers, Just the 5 manual adjustments across the spectrum of sound.

I am not 100% sure, but I think there is a setting that allows you to change between scrolling between found stations or scrolling between saved stations. I am not sure why you would want to delete found stations, I don't think there is an option to do this.

Same with GPS and BT, I don't think you can switch them off, I don't think they are pulling that much power that would notice any saving in fuel tbh.

Thanks

LBB

Same with GPS and BT, I don't think you can switch them off, I don't think they are pulling that much power that would notice any saving in fuel tbh.
^^ This. A back of an envelope calculation say that you're looking at about 2w power usage for those items together.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
BT and GPS won't use much power if any

BTW are you sure it's a mk3 and not a late mk2? Asking because the media system 2.2 you mention is only fitted to the mk2, the mk3 has a new type of unit

eoink

Jul 8, 2013
Ireland
BT and GPS won't use much power if any

BTW are you sure it's a mk3 and not a late mk2? Asking because the media system 2.2 you mention is only fitted to the mk2, the mk3 has a new type of unit

Hi,

thanks everybody for the replies.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a Mk3.
It's a 13 reg in Ireland, just a few months old.
Specific model is the Leon Copa Plus.

I'll leave the BT and GPS as they are, not much to be saved there.

Maybe another read through the 2.2 manual will tell me how to switch between Found and Stored stations.

Is there anything I need to do to "train" the left mirror for how far it should tilt down, if I indeed have the option?
Or does it decide itself?

Thanks again,
E

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Hi,

thanks everybody for the replies.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a Mk3.
It's a 13 reg in Ireland, just a few months old.
Specific model is the Leon Copa Plus.

I'll leave the BT and GPS as they are, not much to be saved there.

Maybe another read through the 2.2 manual will tell me how to switch between Found and Stored stations.

Is there anything I need to do to "train" the left mirror for how far it should tilt down, if I indeed have the option?
Or does it decide itself?

Thanks again,
E
I'm afraid you're talking about a mk2 Leon. Copa Plus was one of the latest trim levels, to sell mk2's with all kinds of equipment put in at a fairly affordable price. So yeah, I'm afraid it's a mk2 Leon.
Just google a few images and you'll see ;)

eoink

Jul 8, 2013
Ireland
I'm afraid you're talking about a mk2 Leon. Copa Plus was one of the latest trim levels, to sell mk2's with all kinds of equipment put in at a fairly affordable price. So yeah, I'm afraid it's a mk2 Leon.
Just google a few images and you'll see ;)

:(:(:(

I suspected as much, to be honest, but I was ever hopeful!!!

Still a great car, really pleased with it.
:)

There doesn't seem much point in moving this thread into the Mk2 Forum, as you've all answered my questions probably as much as possible.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
I am no Seat expert, only had my Mk 3 for about 6 weeks and its my first Seat but the Mk 3 is very different to the Mk 2. There are a couple on our street (one is white like my Mk 3) but there is no mistaking which is the earlier car from any angle. The rear door handles on the Mk 2 are the big pointer.

eoink

Jul 8, 2013
Ireland
Yes, they do look quite different.

I never checked fully, I just went with dates when I started this post (2006-2012 for Mk2, 2013- for Mk3).

But thank you.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise