Replica BBS alloys - yay or nay?

NibbitFR

Hi all. I really like the look of BBS LM 18 alloys but new, they're too expensive, and 2nd hand are hard to come by.

So I'm tempted by buying some replicas off eBay or gumtree. The only thing I'm concerned about is obviously durability and safety.

What are your thoughts on replicas? Should they be avoided or are they alright?

Cheers :)

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
A lot of people say stay away from them . They warp, crack, split, weigh 2000 kg each......
I'll let you into a secret . Mine are reps.
They have been banged up curbs ( by the ex , not me ) , fallen to the centre of the earth in pot holes and are still fine. Yes they do weigh a bit more then they should , but not a mega amount.

Just be careful what you buy. For £450 a set of 18inch reps with tyres they ain't bad

Dsgfr11

Mar 30, 2012
Northamptonshire
I have genuine bbs ck but have run reps before without issue. yes the genuine bbs are a better quality and finish etc but the reps look just as good if you keep on top of them.

Apr 12, 2008
Its up to you, some men enjoy having sexual intercourse with other men, and other men buy genuine wheels.

drka-drka

New Schooler
Who gives a ****, if you wanna spend more money buy real ones if you wanna save some money and spend the rest on booze and hookers crack on.

Some people say that reps crack and pish but they'r probly the same people who think that only things you should buy for your car are forge products

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
What would a set of second hand bbs ch reps be worth with no tyres, standard silver colour with a small nik in one wheel?

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
I ran BBS LM reps for a bit and they were lovely, people thought they were the real deal too and they didn't seem that heavy to me but then again I've never lifted a genuine BBS wheel.

What car do you have LC or LCR?

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
LMs cost £4000 I can't think many people think reps are real. It's like compairing a strap on to a real ****.

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
LMs cost £4000 I can't think many people think reps are real. It's like compairing a strap on to a real ****.

:lol: Very funny comment indeed!

However I'm only stating the truth. Until you're up close and personal with the Reps IE seeing the barrels have been lacquered and the bolts are fake, it's quite hard otherwise.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Maybe. It's just every time a see a MKIV Golf with them on I never think wow your wheels cost more than twice as much as your car. If its a Porsche cup car I'm in love.

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Maybe. It's just every time a see a MKIV Golf with them on I never think wow your wheels cost more than twice as much as your car. If its a Porsche cup car I'm in love.

And I'd think the same way as you but not all people are alike or think the same way!

crinkmeister

Apr 24, 2013
Paignton
Save your money. Some replica wheels are good, some are downright dangerous in that their structural strength is weak in order to reduce cost.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.