windscreen mist when raining

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Ive had my 2011 leon now for 2 months but just recently have driven it whilst raining heavily. Even though I had the windscreen setting on full with the heaters I found that the windscreen just misted up and i struggled to see. I pulled over to let it clear but when setting off again it just misted over again.
Previously I had a mk4 ibiza and never had any issues.
Does anyone have any ideas why this could be as it doesn't help with the weather in the uk!!

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
Ive had this issue and my car is new, I think its just the change in temp and body heat I would have though.

Ive heard in the past it could be a problem with the air con but I doubt this is the case.

Jonbmx900

Jan 5, 2013
If you have had the air con on alit recently whilst hot then turned it off now its cooled and been raining its probably the moisture left from the air con hitting the warmer damp air

Just try using the air con again it should disappear in seconds

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Ive had this issue and my car is new, I think its just the change in temp and body heat I would have though.

Ive heard in the past it could be a problem with the air con but I doubt this is the case.

Only time will tell... will have to see how it gets on other wise it will be to the dealers to make the most of the remaining warranty.

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
If you have had the air con on alit recently whilst hot then turned it off now its cooled and been raining its probably the moisture left from the air con hitting the warmer damp air

Just try using the air con again it should disappear in seconds

Thanks Jon. Ill give it a go over next few days. Im sure rain is expected!!

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Are you getting a good flow of air through the vents? The motor is prone to failure.

Yes the air flow seems to be strong (and noisy) when on full. I reached over the dash to feel the screen vents and they were blowing strong too.
I know it mists up due to damp clothing etc. ( due to the rain before getting in the car) but it just wouldnt budge with the heaters on.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
If you put the air con on it should shift pretty quickly. Heaters alone aren't very good at removing mist, but the air con should be very effective.

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Just going to have to see how it gets on. Thanks for the advice everyone :)

themonky

Jun 20, 2013
had this trouble on a fiesta replaced the pollen filter and all was fine
filter was clogged so must have been blocking the air flow

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
had this trouble on a fiesta replaced the pollen filter and all was fine
filter was clogged so must have been blocking the air flow

May have to try giving that a go. Ill take it out at weekend and try and give it a clean.. see if it helps at all. Thanks

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
If you have the recirc button on it will mist up because it's recirculating the same damp air all the time.

Turn off recirc and see if that helps.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise