Headlight Restoration

Hi,
The headlights on the wife's Passat are really hazy and need attention.
Does anyone know of an easy way to fix this, I know it can be done with different grades of wet sandpaper but does anyone have a definitive guide for doing it?

Also i just saw THIS STUFF on eBay and wondered if anyone has used it before and if it does the job or not?

Cheers
Rich :)

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
i believe toothpaste can do a good job of restoring headlights. try you tube search. remember seeing it on there

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
As above, or I find Autoglym SRP also works a treat on soft plastic lenses.

Word of warning - don't be tempted to speed up the process using a buffing wheel (dremel or similar) cos it only needs to get slightly warm to for hairline cracks to start appearing all over the lights - I learnt this the hard way on some Micra headlights....fortunately I was about ready to replace them anyway.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Good old fashioned T-Cut, same idea as the toothpaste, its an abrasive. Didnt do too much to my headlights as they are all chipped and pitted, as you said working through the grades of sandpaper would be needed to properly sort them out, but it brightened up my rears a treat.

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
I had the problem on my old EP3 civic type R and sorted it really well using Micromesh. Everything needed in one box. Granted the pieces of the fine sandpaper look small but are good for 30 square meters.

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
W w w dot flightstore dot co dot uk and its kit KR70

That's the kit I used hand have plenty left. The key with any sanding on headlamps is don't sand I a circle motion :) won't let me post links until I have 15 posts

Looks like a good kit but I've got the Meguiars kit on Saturday.
It worked pretty well to be fair. I had to use the small sanding pads that came with the kit to get it to a good finish. I'm going to go over it again just to make it 100% perfect but I am very happy with how it turned out and for just £16.99.

Pics:

Before:

After: