The end is here

Well after 5 years of ownership I have just put a deposit down on the cupras replacement. I've loved every minute of the car and still wonder if I have made the right decision, but its too late to back out now.

I've hot 1 week left with her so in that time I'll have some fun and start to take some bits off it. They'll go up on another forum or on eBay.

The cupra has been faultless, it's cost me 1 plastic pipe to the charcoal canister a set of front pads and discs and 6 tyres, not bad for 45,000 miles. It's passed every mot and only ever had standard servicing, nothing else has been required.

What have I changed it for ... Well I wanted something petrol, fun to drive but no larger in size. I've considered lots and I started the process on November, I limited myself to a 13k budget. Slightly cheaper tax was an advantage and better fuel economy was needed although not deal breakers.

So I have put a deposit down on a mini clubman s, it's a high spec car in laser blue and its 2 1/2 years old and I do have some plans for it.

I'll keep an eye on the forum and post some pictures and more thoughts on the cupra later.

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Well after 5 years of ownership I have just put a deposit down on the cupras replacement. I've loved every minute of the car and still wonder if I have made the right decision, but its too late to back out now.

I've hot 1 week left with her so in that time I'll have some fun and start to take some bits off it. They'll go up on another forum or on eBay.

The cupra has been faultless, it's cost me 1 plastic pipe to the charcoal canister a set of front pads and discs and 6 tyres, not bad for 45,000 miles. It's passed every mot and only ever had standard servicing, nothing else has been required.

What have I changed it for ... Well I wanted something petrol, fun to drive but no larger in size. I've considered lots and I started the process on November, I limited myself to a 13k budget. Slightly cheaper tax was an advantage and better fuel economy was needed although not deal breakers.

So I have put a deposit down on a mini clubman s, it's a high spec car in laser blue and its 2 1/2 years old and I do have some plans for it.

I'll keep an eye on the forum and post some pictures and more thoughts on the cupra later.

I had a clubman s as a service loan a few months back, really quite big, they pop like mad when coasting in gear with the sport button pressed!! Enjoy

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
hey steve ,
i know how you feel mate wanting something a bit smaller

im off to see the new Festa ST today , doing mad PCP deals at the moment.
i only want it for 2 years so that suits me , and cant sniff at the claimed 47.9 mpg
i can use the extra money im saving from owning the cupra and fuel for a good used new shape Audi S3 or Golf R.

good luck with your mini mate.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members