Interior alarm part number advice

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Hi guys,

I had the same problem as a few people on here with my alarm randomly going off. Lawrie scanned it for me and it came up with an error saying no signal from interior alarm sensor. I checked the wire with a circuit tester gizmo and it works fine. Seat want £112 for the sensor but I seen a 2nd hand one on ebay for £30. Only thing is that there is a slight discrepancy with the part numbers.

My part number is:
1PO 951 171A

The part number on ebay is:
1PO 951 171

basically it doesn't have the A at the end. Will this cause an issue?

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
I'm guessing you have a sunroof as 171A is shown for vehicles with a sunroof and 171 for vehicles without. They probably won't be interchangeable. I've seen a lot of comments on here about VCDS showing a fault with the interior alarm sensor but it seems to just be a glitch and the fault lies elsewhere. Search the other threads for alarm faults.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Yeah it's the sunroof model.

I have had a look but I don't seem to have the same problems as the others - they have symptoms like door locks and boot locks etc. My only thing is that my interior lights are dodgy and my beeping has stopped working... The alarm has stopped going off at night though.

I was told it could be because the alarm doesn't know that the car has been locked :s

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise