LCR opinions

Conzo_f

Aug 2, 2013
plymouth
Hello new to the site as looking to buy a lcr but only have 2500 ish to spend found a few for that, but got a baby on the way now would you lot say that the cupra r is baby friendly? And what they like to run price wise how mic mpg you get? And what's the prices like on wear and tear like pads discs and that? Cheers Connor :)

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
I would say its totally baby friendly. Plenty of room for all the nappy bags pushchairs n wot not.

MPG isnt that bad, Im averaging 31 at the moment but the Mrs gets around 40, dunno how.

Pads are cheap enough really, think I paid about 80 for full set of brembo pads.

Just look at the buying guide before you go splashing out.

Last edited:

lee123

Jul 27, 2006
Birmingham
I've got a 3yr old and 9month old and it works well as a family car. Mpg wise I can get up to 41 mpg on my 25 mile commute to work if I'm careful but usually about 38, 33 if I'm booting it and that's with stage 2. I find it a cracking all round car for not a lot of money, just a shame it rattles like mad.

Guizado

Aug 13, 2012
South West London
Well for me I live in London and I manage around 20MPG on start/stop traffic, and 38/40 MPG on the motorway doing around 60MPH, B Roads i do High twenties / low thirty's, this is all not booting it ofc, regarding maintenance it really depends how much usage your gonna give it, I don't do many miles on my car (3000 in 6 months) so for me the maintenance is very low, but parts dont seem very expensive and you can get alot of second hand stuff, try buying a Jap Performance car and everything will cost a fortune.

Conzo_f

Aug 2, 2013
plymouth
Okay cheers or the help anything to look out for as found one for 2500 ad think its a bit cheap but its a lovely car so just encase? Cheers Connor :)

BoostHard

Complete Plonker
Nov 25, 2012
At Work.......
www.Passionford.com
Well for me I live in London and I manage around 20MPG on start/stop traffic, and 38/40 MPG on the motorway doing around 60MPH, B Roads i do High twenties / low thirty's, this is all not booting it ofc, regarding maintenance it really depends how much usage your gonna give it, I don't do many miles on my car (3000 in 6 months) so for me the maintenance is very low, but parts dont seem very expensive and you can get alot of second hand stuff, try buying a Jap Performance car and everything will cost a fortune.

My mpg is similar to yours, although Ive never seen 40mpg.

Also on the baby front, There is less room in the Cupra than a mk4 golf imo,

Seems Seat gave us a bigger boot but smaller cabin, Having a baby seat fitted in the rear means the person sitting in front has to move the seat forward quite a bit.

Also if you find one with full Recaro's it can be a problem getting booster seats and car seats to sit straight in the rear.

Zee Man

Went from a 2 door A3 tsport so having the extra doors really helps with having two children and they like it more too!!
I can get 35/40 mpg when i drive it in a sensible fashion and strangely the LCR has slowed me down too! 60 is the new 70!
Maybe not a bad thing in this current on going poor economic climate...

If you're worried about the costs before buying any performance car then I wouldn't get one if I were you.
I average around 24mpg (at stage 2). Tyres you'll be looking at around £100 a corner for anything worth putting on that's safe and they should last around 10k but I have been through a front set in 6k but that obviously depends on your driving style and if you do track days etc.
Front discs will be around £150 for the pair plus pads which for DS2500's are £110 (I think).
Rear discs and pads are pretty cheap as standard ones are good enough.
Servicing etc will be the same as any car.

They are good fun though ;)

Zee Man

Costs wise... still new to my LCr
Depending on want choices out there i suppose but to give you an idea... Just changed two front tyres, Goodyear Eagle Asy F1's... wheel balance, alignment & adjustment etc 260 quid inc vat
Also I have replaced 1 rear caliper (as it had seized) and set of rear pads recently at cost of 243 English pounds...
Guess this all would of been cheaper for a general runabout car but the LCR continues to bring a smile to my face :)

BoostHard

Complete Plonker
Nov 25, 2012
At Work.......
www.Passionford.com
Id be willing to sell mine for £3100 if you can spare the extra,
In the past 5 months I have replaced (takes a deep breath)

Clutch
Fly wheel
CSC
Cam Belt
Tensioner
Water pump
Coolant
Sump
Oil
Filters
Rocker cover gasket/ Chain Tensioner gasket
2x New front tyres
Coolant bottle
Spark Plugs

On top of all this it has.....

a boost Gauge
Badger 5 Large bore V2.2 TIP
S2000 air filter

If you want more info PM me.

Conzo_f

Aug 2, 2013
plymouth
Thanks anyways btw and thanks everyone for the advice viewing a car Sunday lcr 210 with 96000 so fingers crossed be good :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.