Rad crome/plastic bit ?

KTM540

Jul 27, 2013
Hi all, I'm really wanting to spray or change the crome/plastic bit around the front grill on my 07 FR ... can anyone tell me (in as much detail as poss ;)) how to get it off before I break something plz :blink:

Any advice on what others have done that works (have seen one or two with black surrounds [B)]) would be much appreciated :)

Cheers.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
I have the black surround, the whole colour scheme of my car is red and black

Last edited:
IMG_0956_zps9ac2e40a.jpg

That's mine ... Where in the world are you ?

Last edited:

KTM540

Jul 27, 2013
Mate that looks a lovely motor [B)] ... my next mod will prob be anthrasite (spelling?) paint or powdercoat the wheels, not sure which is best yet :confused: need to look into that one a little more!

I'm in the Worcester area ;)

Dragon1978

Jul 29, 2013
Mate that looks a lovely motor [B)] ... my next mod will prob be anthrasite (spelling?) paint or powdercoat the wheels, not sure which is best yet :confused: need to look into that one a little more!

I'm in the Worcester area ;)

Powder coating is a harder wearing finish as doesn't chip as easily as paint but I think you are more limited on the colours with powder coating.

KTM540

Jul 27, 2013

t121anf

May 14, 2004
You can powder coat pretty much any colour nowadays.

(I'm good for a grill, gone badgeless)

KTM540

Jul 27, 2013
Mini Cooper s clubman :)

Cool, not my bag tbh, but prob only cus I was a mini fanatic back in the day, so the original Coopers (that drove sidways down the road cus of their dodgy chassis :D) were the one's I spent all my hard earned money and time on :D

I'm still lookin for a black grill by the way :whistle:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.