What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
I can highly recommend this available from Halfords:

Before:

The same door after a coat of the scratch remover, a coat of Autoglym Super resin polish & Autoglym HD wax

The bloke in halfords recommended it to me but was a bit unsure so got a selection

ga5yqe3y.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
The bloke in halfords recommended it to me but was a bit unsure so got a selection

ga5yqe3y.jpg

can you provide a pic of the damage - just so we can see how bad/deep the scratches are?

if it's not down to the undercoat, then you will get away with the scratch remover, you wont need the coloured T-Cut, I tried it before and it's shite.

Your best getting your money back on the T-Cut and getting a polish with fillers in it such as Autoglym SRP, to apply once you've gone over it with the scratch remover & buffed that off.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2012
redditch
There all like this tbh got about 4 or 5 of them on bonnet I got loads of autoglym srp and that ultra deep shine autoglym hd wax and meguirs etc I should put a pic up got over 50 bottles easy

jy5adeda.jpg

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
There all like this tbh got about 4 or 5 of them on bonnet I got loads of autoglym srp and that ultra deep shine autoglym hd wax and meguirs etc I should put a pic up got over 50 bottles easy

jy5adeda.jpg

just use the Farecla G3, apply with the waffle pad, then go over it with SRP & then HD wax & see how it is.

get a refund on the T-Cut, you honestly wont need it mate :)

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
just use the Farecla G3, apply with the waffle pad, then go over it with SRP & then HD wax & see how it is.

get a refund on the T-Cut, you honestly wont need it mate :)

Did you damp the waffle pad first ? Whats best way to apply it ? Cheers mate I might take it back the t cut when I used the other stuff

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Did you damp the waffle pad first ? Whats best way to apply it ? Cheers mate I might take it back the t cut when I used the other stuff

Slightly damp the waffle pad, apply the product to the pad & apply to the bodywork in a circular motion over the scratches, leave until it hazes and buff off

see how it is after the 1st coat then if you feel it needs doing again, then do it again

the scratch remover is effectively a filler, so it'll make the scratch less noticeable

then use the SRP, which again has fillers in it to make the scratches even less noticeable

again if you feel 2 coats of both scratch remover & SRP is required then do 2 coats

finally go over it with a wax to seal it all in & prolong the finish :)

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
+1 for G3. Instead of SRP I got the G3 Paint Renovator. Same thing really but doesn't leave a sealant layer.

If say both are equally good at getting rid of swirls, but SRP masks the deeper marks better.

I'm going to SRP the Leon in a week or so, with a fresh coat of FK 1000P to finish.

I save the G3 for the MR2

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I'll second that on the coloured t-cut, it's absolute rubbish. I like the simoniz hard wax. It fills in the scratches but the other fella's sound like they know what there talking about. I've mostly had flat/solid coloured painted cars which are real easy to t-cut back and polish up. Saying that the metallic silver car I have at the minute show scratches if you fart near it, so will be paying close attention to the posts above. Hope you get her sorted.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
I'll second that on the coloured t-cut, it's absolute rubbish. I like the simoniz hard wax. It fills in the scratches but the other fella's sound like they know what there talking about. I've mostly had flat/solid coloured painted cars which are real easy to t-cut back and polish up. Saying that the metallic silver car I have at the minute show scratches if you fart near it, so will be paying close attention to the posts above. Hope you get her sorted.

See my post on Page 368, think its post 7347 - full detail of a black cab, just done with G3/SRP/HD wax

Great stuff to use, will sort out your silver car a treat

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Used the g3 scratch remover then a layer of ag ultra deep shine and hd wax came out quite well

jy7edaza.jpg

bugutusa.jpg

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
looking good that mate :D have you got an 'after' pic of the one you posted on the last page of the scratch on the bonnet to compare

I will tomorrow il take one as its bit dark now to take one can still see it barely so going have another go tomorrow on it

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Had a play with some lights to see how my devil eyes would look. The lenses have a slight red tinge to them when off but when the led is on they look bright. Can't even see the colour when the headlights are on. Obviously this is only for aesthetics and they won't be on when driving.

0ee2827e62f14d93889a28ab8bed5512_zps7b511b8d.jpg

afb019a8d458421cbb8c3fc16892aa94_zpsebaa209a.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.