de badged

stuplumpton

Has anyone removed the EXEO from the boot lid? What do you think of that look, any pictures?

HubertK

I've seen one few days ago on a road and I must admit it looked interesting in a good way.

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Was looking into this myself when I was reading a thread, link should take you to the post with the pics;

seat cupra. net/forums/showpost.php?p=2910582&postcount=59

You'll need to combine them as I'm not allowed to post URL's till I reach 15 posts.

If you go for it I'd be interested to know how it goes with a badge on there for a period of time.

Hope that helps,
CPS

Balddee2

Oct 10, 2009
Yeah Im thinking of removing the rear badge on my black ST, recon it'll look better, just not got round to doing it yet!

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
I have a black saloon, I think it will look cleaner and also be easier to clean for that matter, I hate washing around the single letters.

stuplumpton

I saw the pictures. Very nice, will definately be doing the same, cheers

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
No worries.

How do people generally do it? On the thread I posted he did it with dental floss and tar remover, is this the standard method? And with my car it's a 59 plate, is there anymore chance of it damaging the paint in anyway?

Cheers
CPS

stuplumpton

I did it on an old alfa - some thread to slice down between the badge and the bootlid then tar remover. Bit of a polish and you'd think it was like that from day one.

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Happy days, may give it a go then this weekend if I ever get chance to give the Exeo a good clean!

Thanks,
CPS

jakey boy

Jan 9, 2012
dental floss and tar remover is what you need, plus give the glue a wee heat up with a hairdryer first.
it'll look a million times better with the badges off, and while your at it, whip the badges off from under the side repeater.
less is more [B)]

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
I asked the garage to remove mine before I picked it up.
Surprising how many people ask - That's a nice looking car - what is it?

:)

Simluk

Jun 20, 2013
Kent
Here is my exeo st sport tech debadged. (Not the best pic)

I'm also planning on having the s badge painted body colour black!!

null-5.jpg

Cheers

Simon

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Looks well mate. Reckon it could do with an exhaust trim. Really not fond of how they are finished on the Exeo.

stuplumpton

I think it looks better without the badges. I was thinking about removing the chrome also, would like a matt black vinyl wrap on the window trims. Has anyone done this?

Simluk

Jun 20, 2013
Kent
Agreed mate I don't like the exhaust, I was thinking about getting one made up audi rs4 style but not sure how a diesel would be with a performance exhaust?!?

Stuplumpton I like your idea but I bet it would be a massive pain in the arse lol

Cheers

Simon

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
I removed mine too. Silver ST and it really cleaned up the tail gate. The badge bits went in the bin as I never intended it to go back on once I saw the difference!

So much easier to polish now as the cloth doesn't get hung up the letters.

Still wondering whether to remove the wing TDi badges??

Simluk

Jun 20, 2013
Kent
Funny enough mate I keep thinking the same thing, twice I have nearly removed them then though ill leave it lol

Would look cleaner with out them!!

Cheers

Simon

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
Think ill remove my side badges at least, one of my 'i' s came off when my towel caught it so might as well finish the job! :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members