My Sensible family car

Bufger

Hi all,

Had a Kia C'eed for the past 3 years and even with its promise of a rediculous warranty it was very difficult to get Kia to honor it on the couple of occassions something went wrong (Turbo went at 30k miles). So after days of terrible customer service I decided that was enough, i'd sell it and get something older, cheaper, more fun.

The wife's restrictions were that it must have a reasonable size boot and 5 doors (we have 2 small kids).

Well the Mk1 Cupra seemed to fit the bill so I went for one of those! 67k on the clock and it needed a few little bits doing to it but I got it for a good price and knew what i needed to do.

So here I am. No aftermarket mods on it or planned I'm just getting it up to scratch. I did the clutch master cylinder last weekend. Replaced the oil breather pipe as it had a massive hole in it! Re sealed all the doors with Butyl strips (from an excellent guide on here) and did the cooland temp sensor. Tomorrow its cambelt and washer, oil and air filters, NGK plugs, new discs and pads with brake fluid change.

I really love this car. I've always wanted one and i'm happy i took the plunge! The wife isnt so sure yet but i'll bring her round.

Also a big plus for Seat customer service so far. I didnt have the radio unlock code so took it in and they quoted £20 for the unlock but did it for nothing. They've been really helpful over the phone too so im impressed already!

And finally, its in the fastest colour - Slightly faded yellow :D
May vinyl wrap the roof black as thats the worst bit. (how difficult is this to do yourself?!)