Help with passenger door not locking!

Hay1209

Hello all! My passenger door has decided it doesn't like to lock when I first start driving. All doors lock then a few seconds later the passenger door unlocks! However if locking the car normally from outside it stays locked?! Anyone else had this problem or know what's causing it?

BenG

Ben
Oct 26, 2011
Cove Bay, Aberdeen
Had a similar issue with my front doors.

First, the driver's door started locking and unlocking itself periodically as I drove along. Turned out the wiring into the door was damaged (presumably by chafing as the door was opened) and broken / exposed wires were causing the intermittent locking.

Recently my front passenger door has started to refuse to unlock. I gather failure of the lock module is not uncommon and this needs to be replaced to solve the problem. There's a how-to guide here on VW vortex (for Mk4 Golf but door internals look the same).

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1015107

Looks a bit involved but I'm going to have a go at this soon myself. I gather the lock modules are selling on eBay for a bit less than the dealer price (about £25 vs what I have been told is around £114).

HTH,

Ben

cuprachad

Feb 9, 2013
Ive just changed the lock in my passenger door due to it deciding that it would no longer unlock. Quite easy to do. Just take your time.

Daz8161

Daz
Mar 9, 2005
Belfast
Hello all! My passenger door has decided it doesn't like to lock when I first start driving. All doors lock then a few seconds later the passenger door unlocks! However if locking the car normally from outside it stays locked?! Anyone else had this problem or know what's causing it?

I have the exact same problem, did you find the solution? I spent most of the day fitting a new door lock and its still unlocking itself...

Could it be a faulty connector or a faulty passenger window convenience module? I had a look and there were no frayed wires :S

HELP

James D1

Pre-facelift
Aug 2, 2012
Essex, Uk
ive personally not thad this issue but my mate with golf gti had this issue and it sorted itself out with a bit of wd40, his lock was literally getting stuck (from pushing the bit up top)

Daz8161

Daz
Mar 9, 2005
Belfast
hmmm theres no door lock buttom on the top of the passenger door and I tried a brand new lock and its got the exact same issue so I'm ruling out the door lock. Its a very annoying problem to try and fix :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise