Resistor mod! Have I done it right?

Jamie87

Hi everyone well yesterday I have done the resistor mod on my lcr but I'm worried I may have wired it wrong? Basically if I start my car and switch on the AC the fans do now come on but one is spinning really slow and the other Is spinning quite a bit faster, it states in the guide that both fans should spin slowly? The fans aren't loud like when the high speeds were kicking in before the mod so is this right or have I got my wires crossed sum where? Thanks:help:

xDaNx

All you need to do is cut the red/white, join one end of the resistor to that, then strip the plastic (not cut) off the red/black and join the other end of the resistor to that, simples, do that for both fan connectors.

Jamie87

Yes that's what I've done mate so I've actually done something right then! Haha

rasco

May 17, 2011
I've just been told my large fan is dead. True enough, if I switch on the AC only the small fan spins up. Could it not be working for any specific reason, other than fan failure? Previous owner pointed out a small silver box that he said fixed the slow speed fan issue, could there be a problem with it?

Jamie87

I've just been told my large fan is dead. True enough, if I switch on the AC only the small fan spins up. Could it not be working for any specific reason, other than fan failure? Previous owner pointed out a small silver box that he said fixed the slow speed fan issue, could there be a problem with it?

Just replied to your other thread mate fan control unit I think they're called.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members