Cupra has been sold - now gone to live with the Badger

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Looks cleaner now than when you got it :happy: Can I ask why the mileage remained so low?

Its been mentioned a few times in the thread already. ;)

On going issues with my health, sadly have meant i just can't drive manuals longterm.

Inherited crappy arthritic joints, and the daily commute stuck in bonnet to bumper traffic means I'm pushing on and off a rather hefty fast road clutch. Then the foot swells up, I can't walk properly, popping pain killers etc like smarties. Bit of a vicious circle I wanted out of, so I simply haven't driven it as a daily.

As i've said above and before, my cars are my toys anyway, so even when I was on form health wise, I still didn't do huge mileage. My old 2003 Mk1 Cupra R was under 20k miles when that was sold in late 2006, before I got the Mk2 in 2007.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
You must be sad to see it go mark, I know I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of mine for a while now but can't decide what's next, nor do I fancy anything else either. It's going before the tax next runs out so I've got 10 months tops.
I thought I had low mileage, just turned 40k, but yous was bearly run in!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yer Chris, its happiness tinged with sadness. Happy its gone to a good home, and it was a pleasure dealing with Bill. Sad that its gone, but its a weight off my mind, because its had been getting so little use, it was just a waste and a drain on my resources when it should of been being enjoyed.

The only cars that come close on performance really are its VAG stablemates, but the prices of them are eye-watering, I fear the new Cupra when it surfaces will be equally wallet squeezing.

I think if i'd been driving it at my regular mileage before I had my problems, it would still be no more than 25k miles.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
It's hard to see them go - I sold 2 of them and am in a similar position in that I am window shopping but not desperate to buy. There is nothing out there currently that ticks the boxes.

DSG for me next too - although more because its clearly advantageous performance wise. It's tough when the only car currently available is the Golf GTi with less power than the Leon had.

Are you fancying 4x4 as a necessity or not Mark? The 2 main flaws of the Cupra in my opinion was lack of DSG option and wheelspin, especially with big power. The new Golf 7, Mk7 looks awesome and hopefully priced sensibly. I see a Golf R or S3 for me next, with DSG :)

Yours was an awesome car - i remember seeing it back at the pageant of power. Sounded awesome too!

Onward and upward!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise