Raes t3/4 mk3 - updated 25/4

Digga_hole

Car looks great :) wish mine had nice paint and all the same colour, be nice to get it like yours :)

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Thanks mate but trust me my paint is awful. It looks better the now as its proper manky. The boot looks almost white, major lacquer peel on the roof and rust on back arches. I will be getting it seen to once the baby arrives but toying with the idea of a colour change or same colour

Digga_hole

I'm tempted with a colour change, rear arches need a look at in the future but wouldn't know where to begin with them

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Soon i hope, waiting on windscreen through insurance then mot. Just hope it will go through emissions test.
Erm its claimed 300 from previous owner, but no printout and only boosting 14psi so im gonna guess at around 280bhp.

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Just a short vid of the car, took her out today on a " private road " ;)

Getting some work done this weekend so will get some pics up
Also getting a phone call tomorrow with an appointment for a windscreen so getting there slowly

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Haha i know ;)

Yeah i am chuffed, had a few wee problems but mostly sorted. Still keep getting the eml with the code for vehicle speed sensor so will get that sorted
The gearbox i put in has really short ratios so is pretty much no use so will get another
And the other day i started it up and there was a huge cloud of smoke from exhaust, found out to be choked up catch can, cleared that out and all sorted :S

One thing im not happy with, the external wastegate is a diaphram 38mm, these seem to be prone to leaking (cheap version) so it sounds like i have a burst exhaust

When i eventually get the new exhaust mani made, i have a 44mm valve type gate to put on so will get that sorted in due course
Tbh im not sure its as quick as i remember, and maybe a fair bit off 300bhp, but i do want it sorted out with more boost and maybe see what i can get. Only boosting 14psi at the min

Haha i know ;)

Yeah i am chuffed, had a few wee problems but mostly sorted. Still keep getting the eml with the code for vehicle speed sensor so will get that sorted
The gearbox i put in has really short ratios so is pretty much no use so will get another
And the other day i started it up and there was a huge cloud of smoke from exhaust, found out to be choked up catch can, cleared that out and all sorted :S

One thing im not happy with, the external wastegate is a diaphram 38mm, these seem to be prone to leaking (cheap version) so it sounds like i have a burst exhaust

When i eventually get the new exhaust mani made, i have a 44mm valve type gate to put on so will get that sorted in due course
Tbh im not sure its as quick as i remember, and maybe a fair bit off 300bhp, but i do want it sorted out with more boost and maybe see what i can get. Only boosting 14psi at the min

Running is a promising site :thumbup:

What gearbox you put in mucka? And how short is short haha?

14psi is quite low lol is yours forged? Can't remember lol

What map is on it?

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
The gearbox is out a mk4 golf, not sure on the code. Erm short, my speedo dont work but at 6k revs in 5th i wouldnt say i was doing any more than 120mph

Yes the boost is very low, it has ie rods but from what i got from the previous owner, the mapping was done before rods so kept boost low to minimise risk of bending a rod or two.

The map is a custom map from ******, printout of 296bhp iirc

One question i wondered though, i have a mbc between turbo and external wg, would i still need to get more boost mapped in or could i just turn it up? Havent touched it as i fear if i turn it up without mapping, it will be running very lean?

Mbc might there to stop it spiking or capping the boost low. God knows what will happen if you turn it up lol

Quite short box then lol need to stop thinking of new ideas for mine haha

Already thinking about pulling the rack off and fitting a quafie quick rack pinion haha

Guess your getting it mapped soon? What happened to your manifold you was making?

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Yeah possibly, dont want to chance fiddling with it anyway lol.
Haha you havent even tried the manual rack and youre thinking of other ideas!
Yeah the manifold will still be gettin made, just going to take my time with it and get it right. Just finding the time atm. Mapping will be done when the mani is made, not sure iff ill need bigger injectors or not though. Hopefully gonna get it mapped with more boost and with some luck make 350-370bhp. Unsure if my setup is able for it though.