Cupra R 225 or MK4 R32

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Possibly just sold my car, and I'm pretty sure I'll end up with one of these as my next one. I just would like peoples opinions really, as I love R32's, but then I have loads of bits for a Cupra R and I think the 1.8T will be a little more foregiving when it comes to fuel and tax etc. Cheers, Josh

QU4RESMA

Apr 7, 2011
East Midlands
Had them both.. still have the LCR.. power wise after a map its uncomparable.. but the sweet sound of the v6 is what I miss most.. and handles like its on rails.. nothing a decent set of coilys wont fix on the LCR
Tax Insurance and fuel consumption is very similar.. it was a while ago when I had the R32!
Both supreme cars in their own respect...

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Get a lcr and remap it then it will be quicker than the r32 and have better economy it will just lack the lovely v6 engine noise though.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I think with the money I've got to spend too, I either get a mint 225 or a r32 coming up to 100k, but that noise! I'm going away again for 3 months so I have a while to decide. Cheers boys.

Sent from my iPhone

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I like this.

I also like this, however I drive a 190bhp diesel so both will be fast standard compared to mine, especially with more revs. Just started looking at mk5 gti's as they're in the same price range, and also cheaper than my current car to insure.

Sent from my iPhone

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I like this.

I also like this, however I drive a 190bhp diesel so both will be fast standard compared to mine, especially with more revs. Just started looking at mk5 gti's as they're in the same price range, and also cheaper than my current car to insure.

Sent from my iPhone

aviii

Aug 8, 2013
Lincolnshire
I've had a mk2 TT with that lovely 3.2L 250bhp and great noise, but I'm loving the LCR. fuel consumption is a lot better and still a great car to drive.. lovely noise too (not the same as the VR6 but still..).
Also, mod-wise the LCR would be a lot cheaper to get more from than the VR6 engine. want faster? throw lots of cash at it, and i mean lots.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
You don't need Quettro unless your going big power. The LCR is a very under rated car and one a few choice mods have been carried out they're a very capable car.

Mikey_Bling

Apr 25, 2013
Notts
Not the TT unless you're going through an identity crisis.

You won't be upset whichever one you buy out of the R32 and LCR. Both are glorious motors, but whichever one you do buy, after 6 months you're gonna wish you'd bought the other.

Jamie87

R

I haven't owned an r32 but I have owned an a3 3.2 Quattro and I'd say go for the LCR, both similar on petrol consumption but the LCR is definately quicker, few things to look out for which I wish I had known when buying mine like the slow speed fan problem, but if you get the right one your laughing. That said use the low speed fan as a money off point costs penny's to fix
If you follow the resistor mod guide in the FAQ section done mine this weekend and was easy enough.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
You don't need Quettro unless your going big power. The LCR is a very under rated car and one a few choice mods have been carried out they're a very capable car.

Choice mods being exhaust, oo7p and intake? Tyrers old one is up for sale for a reasonable price, just asks for two new tyres and a scuff repairing, has milltek, oo7p, forge hoses and some other nice little mods with a stage1.

Sent from my iPhone

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Not the TT unless you're going through an identity crisis.

You won't be upset whichever one you buy out of the R32 and LCR. Both are glorious motors, but whichever one you do buy, after 6 months you're gonna wish you'd bought the other.

No I don't want a TT, can't put my rear konigs in it then lol! I know exactly what you mean with the 6 months, wanted a cupra r after about 3 months of having my fr tdi!

Sent from my iPhone

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I haven't owned an r32 but I have owned an a3 3.2 Quattro and I'd say go for the LCR, both similar on petrol consumption but the LCR is definately quicker, few things to look out for which I wish I had known when buying mine like the slow speed fan problem, but if you get the right one your laughing. That said use the low speed fan as a money off point costs penny's to fix
If you follow the resistor mod guide in the FAQ section done mine this weekend and was easy enough.

Cheers dude, how much was tax on the 3.2? Yeah I know about the fan problem, luckily mine ATM doesn't suffer from it.

Sent from my iPhone

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members