No CD player works -.-

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
I had a Sony xplode in my leon, worked a treat till my mate offered his kenwood for my Sony and a double hamburger. Instantly thought win with my dash matching the red on the kenwood and the blue on the xplode matching his dials. So we took them out and I was putting the kenwood in and something sparked, I think it was the blue wire for the sub, it fused and wouldn't work. Changed the fuse it worked then the tape I put on fell off on installation and fused it again.

Now the problem I have is no CD player will work in my car you hear it power up and the player makes a noise but no visual and no sound. Also when I pull the keys out the doors don't unlock like they did before which is rather annoying. I only had spare one 15 amp one 20 and 1 thirty here's a photo of my fuse panel. Anyone know what it could be and how I can fix this?
3D5B86D8-2ABD-47A1-90E9-F01E0CB2EDB0-2872-0000017D7D12ED41.jpg

Cheers lads x

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
Does sound like a popped fuse to me tbh. Your Permanent live is getting to the radio but not your ignition feed to tell it to turn on.

Check all fuses radio and ignition related

Last edited:

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
All the fuses in the picture above have been changed. :/ I don't get it. I had the kenwood playing until I pushed it into place. So so so annoying

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
whats happened to yours is exactly the same thing that happened to me and the end result was a blown fuse within that panel. there is nothing else that could stop 2 different systems from working like that, I.e auto unlock and headunit. all I can say is double check and check again all fuses

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
whats happened to yours is exactly the same thing that happened to me and the end result was a blown fuse within that panel. there is nothing else that could stop 2 different systems from working like that, I.e auto unlock and headunit. all I can say is double check and check again all fuses

Turns out you were right mate. I took the photo above then stripped every fuse out (again) then put them all back in and boom auto lock and the head unit work. Strange how they didn't work the first time but I'm not complaining now. Finally have some music! Thanks for your help though, appreciate it and it pointed me in the right direction, I think it was fuse 6 which was the faulty one...central locking like you said. Thanks bro!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise