advice on seat exeo with 19's

jakey boy

Jan 9, 2012
hey folks,

been contemplating upgrading to 19's on the exeo.

ideally 8.5 inch wide. I believe the factory offset is 42, the audi s5 wheels in question have a 32 offset I think. is it do - able ?
most likely 235 x 35 x 19 tyres?

has anyone any experience regarding the fitting of 19's?

the car is currently lowered around 40mm

any advice would be great

cheers

jake

jakey boy

Jan 9, 2012
update for those interested.
tried on the 19's but to be honest, there aint an awful lot of room to play with. especially when lowered
it isn't impossible but I thought it would be a bit much as a daily driver. if anyone has done it then full respect.
the Scotsman in me came out when looking at the cost of reasonable rubber between the 18's and 19's lol.
so I got a deal on bbs ch reps in silver, 45 offset 5 x 112, with 225 / 40 / 18.
totally transforms the car compared to the standard 18's painted black

Simluk

Jun 20, 2013
Kent
Hey mate, I'm very interested as I'm looking into wheels now. Do you have any pics?

What size tyre did you go with?

Cheers

Simon

jakey boy

Jan 9, 2012
in the end I went with 18's ( 225/40/18 )
this is probably the cheapest size for 18's and the car drives fine.
there is a thread in the members cars of my exeo with the standard 18's painted black.
ill pm you my mob number, just send us a text and ill ping you a pic with the current set up.
what size / type of rims are you looking at ?

Simluk

Jun 20, 2013
Kent
Sweet ill message you in a moment mate with my details :)

Well wheel wise they are a 19" x8.5" rim.

I'm looking at rotiform IND's

Cheers

Simon

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
I would have loved to have seen how it sat on those 19" Audi rims. Don't suppose you took any pics?

Be nice to see how it looks now too. If you don't have any facility to host pics I can if you email them over and can attach them to this thread for others to see

jakey boy

Jan 9, 2012
Sweet ill message you in a moment mate with my details :)

Well wheel wise they are a 19" x8.5" rim.

I'm looking at rotiform IND's

Cheers

Simon

simon, never got any text?

the rotiform is a quality wheel and 8.5 inches wide is about as far as you should be going imo

jakey boy

Jan 9, 2012
I would have loved to have seen how it sat on those 19" Audi rims. Don't suppose you took any pics?

Be nice to see how it looks now too. If you don't have any facility to host pics I can if you email them over and can attach them to this thread for others to see

sorry buddy, I didn't take any pics.

the 19's will go but I think it was really the tyre price that put me off. bambino number two is due in 7 weeks and if the missus found out the cost of 19's I think it would be kittens should would be having !!

imo it still looks decent with 18's. im on a course just now but ill get some pics up by the weekend.

really love the fact that folk are starting to play around with these cars

Simluk

Jun 20, 2013
Kent
I didn't get chance to text in the end mate was flat out busy, Ill send you one tomorrow as its late now :)

Yeah I deliberated on so many wheels and I think the rotiform IND's are my choice!!

Cheers

Simon

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.