Please Help! Door unlocking itself and door light not working

Daz8161

Daz
Mar 9, 2005
Belfast
Hi guys please help with any advice or if you know how I can fix this.

When I bought my car used and the passenger door lock didnt lock from the remote fob. I replaced the door lock with a brand new one from the dealers and it worked fine for about a year The lock then started to randomly unlock itself occasionally when I drove off and the auto-locking anti hi-jack switched on and sometimes wouldnt lock from the remote fob.

Recently I fitted another brand new door lock from the dealers because the old lock kept unlocking when driving off and the auto-locking anti hi-jack switched on.

After fitting the new lock I noticed that after I unlocked the car using the remote and opening the door the car would lock itself after 30 seconds, it also has the same unlocking itself when driving off and the auto-locking anti hi-jack kicks in.

The door puddle light also doesnt work anymore and when I lock the car the interior lights dont switch off anymore as if the doors are still open (when the interior lights are switched to the on when doors open position).

Is it possible I was sold a faulty door lock from the dealer? :blink:

Please please help! Its driving me insane.

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
Door switch plunger

It doesn't have a plunger... I don't think :confused:

it should have a micro switch inside the locking mechanism which activates the puddle and interior lights.

I found that holding the outer door handle in the open position then gently slamming the door shut sometimes releases the micro switch, albeit only a temporary fix.

Daz8161

Daz
Mar 9, 2005
Belfast
Bit of a dummy when it comes to checking wires. Whats the best way to do that? All the connections seem fine and cant see any broken or damaged wiring visually.

Also what is meant by a plunger?

Thanks guys

Daz8161

Daz
Mar 9, 2005
Belfast
Is that part in the door locking mechanism? Or somewhere else? Cant say I seen anything that looks like that when I had the door card and lock off the car :S

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.