Turbo overboost

Bioman1966

Hi Guys, My Seat 2.0 tdi 06 plate as started going into limp mode around 3 1/2 revs, no lights are coming on, but when i put my little scanner on its coming up Turbo overboost, anyone had this problem, and how did they fix it. Cheers guys

Bioman1966

Just an update, put a bottle of Revive Turbo cleaner through the car this morning, made abig differance, revs more freely, the car red lines now, which it did'nt before, still goes into limp mode, but you have to really give it some stick for it to do it. So although it has'nt completly cured it, am am happy with the results. Maybe i need someone to take it off and give it a complete overall. Bioman1966

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Sounds like the vnt mechanism is probably a bit sticky, the turbo cleaner will be helping to burn the sticky oil soot off. Regular use of diesel rhino seems to be keeping mine in check.

rsrich

Aug 23, 2006
www.turnpikeracing.co.uk
Bioman - if the Revive has made a significant improvement as you describe, then a second treatment is likely to clear it up. Leave it a week or so and see if it clears completely, but if not then a second treatment (from my experience) will run a good chance of clearing it.

Bioman1966

Bioman - if the Revive has made a significant improvement as you describe, then a second treatment is likely to clear it up. Leave it a week or so and see if it clears completely, but if not then a second treatment (from my experience) will run a good chance of clearing it.

Thats what i was thinking, i had another bottle come today for my brothers car on recommendation of the results i had, was tempted to put that through and buy him another bottle :) hes got a Dodge Avenger, same engine as mine, hes having same problem. Like you said, i'll give it a week, and maybe do the treatment agian, not gone into limp mode today :) Bioman1966

Bioman1966

Yes thats how i put it through the car, thinking of putting a bottle of Forte Diesel Cleaner through every 3 months just to keep things clean as i can. Bioman1966

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I've been using that diesel rhino in my car for the last couple of thousand miles and my turbo is super smooth now, like the vnt lever is really smooth and logging with vagcom shows that it's not as aggressive as it was. My tuner spent a bit of time mapping the N75 to tame it but even then it was still a bit aggressive, not now though. Might be worth picking up a bottle of that.

http://www.dieselrhino.co.uk/

I've been using that diesel rhino in my car for the last couple of thousand miles and my turbo is super smooth now, like the vnt lever is really smooth and logging with vagcom shows that it's not as aggressive as it was. My tuner spent a bit of time mapping the N75 to tame it but even then it was still a bit aggressive, not now though. Might be worth picking up a bottle of that.

http://www.dieselrhino.co.uk/

that looks interesting how much do you put in to a tankful?

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
First tank is 3ml to 1l, then 2ml to 1l then it's a one to one mix so 1ml per litre, bottle costs about £20 for 500ml which seems to be lasting forever.

Bioman1966

Even though the cars running alot better, after putting the Revive Turbo cleaner though it, its not going into limp mode not half has much as it did before, its still whistling like a good'un. So i called down to The Turbo Clinic in Leeds, spoke to the guys and for £600, they will fit a re-manufactered Turbo, change oil and Filters, and clean out the EGR, thought that was'nt too bad considering, so i have booked it in for middle of next week. Do you think thats about right? Bioman1966

Bioman1966

I would try the Mr Muscle treatment if i could get under the car, or if anyone local would give me a hand, or know how to do it i would pay them. But that would'nt sort the whistling out would it? The guys at The Turbo Clinic< said its whistling because prob some carbon as fallen down from the EGR and it has damaged the blades. Bioman1966

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise