Leon Fr or Focus ST?

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
Danny,

you can also add the MK2 section into that with the leaking scuttle and the rear wash/wipe pipe coming off, leaking water into the boot

Leon's that eat drop links for fun......

Leons have their problems, but they're so much fun :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not slagging the Leons off but I feel that Dopedpanda was wrong with what he was saying. Leons have just the same problems as the Focus for rust and leaks.

On a twisty country road where it isn't all about straight line speed, my PD170 will happily be all over the back of my ST. The Leon is a fantastic car to drive if you look past the dated interior (I know they spruced it up a bit on the facelift) but it just doesn't excite me. It feels very predictable and clinical. Even my old Mk1 Leon FR+ was more fun to drive, probably because the suspension was softer. I like that when you drive a bit more spirited, you have to "fight" the car a bit and going into a corner thinking to yourself "will it or won't it make it out of the other side".

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Ive had 5 seats 2 leons 3 ibizas 1st leon 2009 leon fr 170 dpf problems water in boot moudly bonnet insulation drop links all time and two broken springs ibiza cupra 2011 engine blown in 2 week of having it 2012 ibiza cupra oil consumption problems and no compression on cyclider 4 2012 seat leon supercopa would hesitate to start all time went seat loads never fixed rejected it so now on to 2013 ford focus st and not one single problem

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

FRT

I had narrowed to the same 2. You get much more car for your money with the Leon - a couple of grand cheaper than a similar year/mileage ST. A bit cheaper on insurance, too.

The FR also looks a bit less racy than the ST, which appealed 'cos I'm getting on a bit now ;-)

The FR is basically a Golf mkV GTi. Can't go wrong.