help me fix my friends poorly audi tt 225

bishy

Sep 22, 2011
Hey all.

I friend bought a audi tt 225 mk1

Its in a bad way... i need help diagnosing its issues please
I am a bit of a newb i have limited experience with vagcomm only basic logs on my leon.

Its alot slower than a std 180 tt. the car is boosting at 20psi and holding!! Buy feels like a mondeo...
I a quick maf reading and it hit 205... but no acceleration and its so flat feeling its terrible...
Im a bit stumpted. Any pros help me help my friend i would be very gratefull.

Its now blown a coilpack i beleive during the test made a funny smell and is missfiring... but i dont think that on its could make so slow..
I feel sorry for him because i know how much trouble these engines can be!

bishy

Sep 22, 2011
Hey yes best was 205 g/s i can do logs but im not exactly what logs to do.. i know 115 is boost and 002 is maf readings but i not sure about the other important ones.

I also unplugged the maf and drove it feels no different but boosted differently and diddnt peek as high. Doesnt even sound like its 20 psi!

It has no modifications only a boost guage... i cant beleive he got this bloody car.

Last edited:

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
tbh 205 g/s roughly calculates to 255-257bhp which is about right for stage 1 map tbh mate , i didn't no you can hear what 20 psi sounds like , tt is heaving quattro models are so quiet and 4wd system looses so much through the drivetrain thats why i stage1 mapped 180 fwd model feels more eager than 250-260 bhp 4wd model. without see ing couldn't tell ya because my old tt didnt feel quick 247bhp

bishy

Sep 22, 2011
I understand about the 4wd but i watched loads of tt acceleration videos and this tt is no waY near accelerating like even a standard 225. it struggles to reach 100 mph. After 4500 rpm feels flat and really struggles to pull thru the rpm and sounds like it wants to die.

I will try and take a video of acceleration in next few days.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.