no power in two front doors

tdi sport

Apr 13, 2008
Hi all i have a problem and have done a quick search and cant seem to find anything. but yesterday i was out walking my dog and when i got back to my car i opened the car with the remote on the key proceeded to open the passenger door to let my dog into the foot well i then closed the passenger door walked around opened drivers door and put the key in the ignition just as i did (before i turned it) the alarm went off i already new the door sensor on driver side wasn't working but didn't know that the passenger side door sensor had gone also so was quite suprised when i the alarm went off. anyway so i turned the key in the ignition and alarm turned off and engine started as always. so my problem is this since then i seem to no longer have any power in the two front doors this includes no electric windows no electric mirrors the button for locking/unlocking doesn't respond and even the speakers are not working. does anyone have any ideas or come across this before any help is much appreciated.

The car is a mk4 ibiza tdi sport pd 130 2004

tdi sport

Apr 13, 2008
Hi all i have a problem and have done a quick search and cant seem to find anything. but yesterday i was out walking my dog and when i got back to my car i opened the car with the remote on the key proceeded to open the passenger door to let my dog into the foot well i then closed the passenger door walked around opened drivers door and put the key in the ignition just as i did (before i turned it) the alarm went off i already new the door sensor on driver side wasn't working but didn't know that the passenger side door sensor had gone also so was quite suprised when i the alarm went off. anyway so i turned the key in the ignition and alarm turned off and engine started as always. so my problem is this since then i seem to no longer have any power in the two front doors this includes no electric windows no electric mirrors the button for locking/unlocking doesn't respond and even the speakers are not working. does anyone have any ideas or come across this before any help is much appreciated.

The car is a mk4 ibiza tdi sport pd 130 2004

and forgot to mention i checked fuses and the two for both front electric windows where blown
and i replaced but still no power what so ever! :(

tdi sport

Apr 13, 2008
ive done some more research and have been told that it may be a relay that is knackered has anyone any idea where these may be located?

tdi sport

Apr 13, 2008
so i brought my car out to the dealers today and explained my situation. so they took my car in and i went and waited in show room id say i was only there 2 mins and mechanic came in and called me through to take a look at something turns out that while i was walking my dog that day someone had tried breaking into my car by putting a blade in the tiny little gap between front of the front door and the wing and had cut straight through the cables on both sides of car (both doors) supposedly its a common way of getting doors open on most cars but not seats so he said to me i should get in contact with my insurance as they would have to replace both looms either side at a cost of around €400 + including labour so think ill get my electrical tape out and give it a go myself. does anyone know what you call the rubber housing that protects the cable on the door is called as i will have to replace them both. cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members