Passenger door wont lock from inside

Daz8161

Daz
Mar 9, 2005
Belfast
Hi guys need some help here, my mk 1 leon has had a new door locking mechanism installed last year (old one wouldnt lock at all)

Recently I've noticed that when I drive off and the car tries to autolock above 5mph the front passenger door makes an extra clicking noise and unlocks itself, it also makes the same noise and unlocks itself when I push the interior locking button on the drivers side door. The strange thing is it locks ok when I use the keyfob.

Any ideas what might be wrong? I sprayed WD40 on the door locking mechanism thinking it was something seizing but it hasnt made any difference.

Thanks guys!

Ath

Could be electrical fault with locking solenoid/mechanism maybe?

m4rky8oy

Mine worked fine until I took my rear wiper off to see why it was stuck. Well it was stuck because it had been leaking! I dont know whether it has anything to do with it or just coincidence?

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
not found a cure yet and no one else seems to have this problem :S

Hi m8 my passenger rear door is playing up it wasn't locking so I took door trim off just In case so I could open from inside but it started working again I'm guessing the actuators on its way out my neighbour had a similar fault as yours his would keep unlocking when it auto locked and the courtesy lights stayed on it turned out to be a broken solder joint on the circuits in the locking mechanism he repaired it it was a 02 passat though same parts I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Daz8161

Daz
Mar 9, 2005
Belfast
Hmmm thing is I've had 2 new door locks fitted, one worked for about a year and when I tried replacing that one with a brand new 1 I still had the same issue. This led me to believe its maybe not the door lock itself at fault but maybe a broken wire?

m4rky8oy

im wondering if it might be the button cluster on the drivers door? I need a new one anyway so will let you know when I replace it?